Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  107
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marsh Cup 2020 - Bulldogs vs North

I've watched 3 quarters of the replay, having to endure Garry Lyon in the process, and they mentioned that during the Marsh Series the AFL have 24 hours to charge any players. I have also checked AFL.com and can't see that Williams has been charged or given the all clear. Does anyone know for sure if he has been charged or not?

This from Foxsports

"Fox Footy’s Garry Lyon suggested that Williams had been reported by the umpire, with MRO Michael Christian set to hand down his finding within 24 hours."
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Find it incredible if he hasn’t been charged, if he hasn’t a lot of reports will be using that footage as a defence.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I've watched 3 quarters of the replay, having to endure Garry Lyon in the process, and they mentioned that during the Marsh Series the AFL have 24 hours to charge any players. I have also checked AFL.com and can't see that Williams has been charged or given the all clear. Does anyone know for sure if he has been charged or not?

This from Foxsports

"Fox Footy’s Garry Lyon suggested that Williams had been reported by the umpire, with MRO Michael Christian set to hand down his finding within 24 hours."
    AFL website said findings would be released Monday.

4. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This from Foxsports

According to AFL website The Match Review findings will be released on Monday.

6. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    AFL website said findings would be released Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    According to AFL website The Match Review findings will be released on Monday.
    Thanks GD and B4L

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    I didn't get to see much of the game really interested in how Cordy went along side Keithy George?
    Cordy wasn't great and I hope he can regain some form. Keath had a good 2nd half. He's has a penetrating kick

Post Thanks / Like

If we assume Naughton misses some weeks do we use Lewy Young as a key forward to work with Bruce and Schache or do we look to have him in the back line?

Post Thanks / Like

If we assume Naughton misses some weeks do we use Lewy Young as a key forward to work with Bruce and Schache or do we look to have him in the back line?
    I'm kind of hoping Lewy grabs his opportunity as a forward and we're forced to move Naughton back, filling one of the largest holes on our list.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I'm kind of hoping Lewy grabs his opportunity as a forward and we're forced to move Naughton back, filling one of the largest holes on our list.
    I'm not sure the coach would see it that way, what are your doubts with Naughton as a forward?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure the coach would see it that way, what are your doubts with Naughton as a forward?
    It has more to do with my doubts about our defensive group.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

It's going to be a challenge and it's one of the reasons why I think we have gone in light on for key position players over the last couple of years. I still think Trengove and Cordy have plenty to offer, Young looks a good prospect and Keath should be a strong contributor.
    We tend to play Wood as a 3rd tall and Lachlan Young has some claims so we are around the mark but probably one quality player light on. Naughton is very likely to stay as a forward, I think the coach will be hard pressed to explain a move away from our plans for 3 tall forwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S Coast Simon View Post
    I did notice only Roarke went in to bump Williams. I was a bit disappointed others didn’t join him. While we are on Roarke does anyone else think he could be A great BF in the mould of Wood.
    Roarke was drafted as a rebounding HB with a huge leap for his height.

Right now I think he best bet is as a defensive wingman as he seems ahead of the pack compared to whoever else we've run through there. He doesn't quite have the class of others and isn't going to cut teams up by foot but he does add grunt and allows our HFs to play a more attacking game. I was very happy with his game and he's put himself into the round 1 team on that performance.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

15. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Naughton is very likely to stay as a forward, I think the coach will be hard pressed to explain a move away from our plans for 3 tall forwards.
    I think it's likely too, but Lewy continuing to progress as a forward over the next 6 weeks or so in Naughton's absence may give Bevo pause for thought.

17. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Going ahead:

Naughton & Keath would be a formidable KPD pairing with supreme marking power, with Crozier/Wood/Cordy/Le Young/La Young/Khamis/Raak etc. as support.

Schache, Bruce & Ugle-Hagan as KPFs with maybe Trengove or Le Young. With Dale, Lloyd, Weighman, McLean, Wallis etc.

Naughton will thrive in any position. The idea of where he delivers the best team impact is a good question, because he's just so good.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

19. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's likely too, but Lewy continuing to progress as a forward over the next 6 weeks or so in Naughton's absence may give Bevo pause for thought.
    Heh...remember when we tried to turn all our good key defenders into key forwards. Now we’re going the other way.
    Funny old world.