link

By the end of 2019, Bailey Williams knew he had a point to prove.

The 22-year-old found himself in and out of Luke Beveridge’s best 22 throughout the season, featuring nine times at AFL level around some strong performances in the VFL.

But after signing a two-year deal in the off-season, that disappointment has driven Williams all summer.

“Last year was a bit of a frustrating year being in and out of the team,” Williams told westernbulldogs.com.au

“But I love the club and I love the boys at the club, so it was a pretty easy choice to stay.

“I just wanted to back myself to be able to get into that 22 and stay there, so I’ve come back fitter and stronger and hopefully it all pans out.”
Take a look as the AFL players tested themselves today in this match simulation training session.

Williams says he’s fitter and stronger than he’s ever been.

He knows he’ll need to be, as he looks to establish himself in an experienced back six bolstered by the off-season inclusion of key back Alex Keath.

“I’m always working on my endurance to try to run out games better, and the defensive part of my game as well,” Williams said.

“I think my strength is the offensive part of my game, so if I can improve defensively things should be going pretty well.

“I’m trying to play a similar role to Easton Wood, and there’s no better to learn off than him.

“He’s been helping me heaps, and Alex Keath has been dominating on the track and is another player I’ve been getting good feedback off.”