Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
I don't think that is the point.

It is not as hard to pick the best 22 as the OP may make out, as there is lots of potential/talent that we as Bulldog supporters tend to over rate when they haven't proven anything yet.
I guess this sums it up for me as well BAD.

I 100% agree our list is talented. But (to pick an example) the fact that Bailey Williams has 'TALENT' isn't the same as saying Bailey Williams needs to be in the 22. Everyone has talent. To really 'DEMAND' a spot you need to be a proven, consistent performer who has the trust of the match committee.

If (to keep the example going) I was to compare Williams to Crozier...both have TALENT. But Crozier is a proven commodity as an AFL half-back who has repeatedly 'stood up for us...Crozier would be HARD to leave out of the 22. Williams would be UNLUCKY to miss out based on his talent, but when you look at his body of work, it is not unreasonable to think he will spend time in the VFL.

I wasn't trying the run down the list - what I was saying was sometimes as supporters we get carried away with a flash here or there and think that is enough for selection...It isn't. It is enough for an opportunity. What happens after that? Well...