Thanks Thanks:  86
Likes Likes:  356
Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coronavirus: could the 2020 AFL season be called off?

Some music festivals have been cancelled already.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne Spartan race scheduled for 28th has been postponed indefinitely.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Agreed. Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore have learnt from SARS and acted quickly and decisively and have slowed the spread considerably. It was really unfortunate that the epicentre in Europe is probably the number one tourist spot on the Continent.

Reactive measures are like pissing up hill on one leg on a windy day when it comes to stemming the flow of this virus. That the Andrews Government put money over the health of people in regards to the F1 is an unacceptable inditement on his leadership.
    This is the point though. The state government literally cannot act against the advice of the state's chief health office. Nor can the federal government.

Go ahead and say the state's chief health officer has been swayed by political influence. Not sure Gary wants to be sued but sure.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes Bulldog4life, bornadog, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Some music festivals have been cancelled already.
    I do love the optimism of the techno scene, not a single cancellation which is funny given the nose to bill/straw prevalence within that community.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I do love the optimism of the techno scene, not a single cancellation which is funny given the nose to bill/straw prevalence within that community.
    Confest has been postponed which has a crossover of attendees. I'm not sure Rainbow will go ahead, it's set for easter but it's an enormous event and has already been delayed from January post-bushfires with the site still recovering.

Post Thanks / Like

Confest has been postponed which has a crossover of attendees. I'm not sure Rainbow will go ahead, it's set for easter but it's an enormous event and has already been delayed from January post-bushfires with the site still recovering.
    New Order have cancelled this weekend.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what two cancellations within four months would do to their coffers. Their production values are excellent, but not sure there's a huge profit margin once it's all done and dusted. Paying a roster of international DJs twice without being able to present them would be costly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I wonder what two cancellations within four months would do to their coffers. Their production values are excellent, but not sure there's a huge profit margin once it's all done and dusted. Paying a roster of international DJs twice without being able to present them would be costly.
    In December I was told they "can't afford to cancel" which I understand is why they had a one off event and delayed the main festival.

Festival margins are pretty thin at the best of times.

Post Thanks / Like

Dark Mofo postponed this years festival as itd cost them up to $8m to cancel it late and would send them broke.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

A Hawthorn member received an email from their President (Jeff) saying that Coronavirus will hit them at least 10% on the bottom line before any changes to the season that the AFEL may or may not make. He doubled down on the the need for current Hawthorn members to help encourage Hawthorn fans to sign up for memberships to help the club withstand the financial impact of Coronavirus.

Not a bad message and way to try to stimulate memberships to help a footy club through uncertain times.

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    A Hawthorn member received an email from their President (Jeff) saying that Coronavirus will hit them at least 10% on the bottom line before any changes to the season that the AFEL may or may not make. He doubled down on the the need for current Hawthorn members to help encourage Hawthorn fans to sign up for memberships to help the club withstand the financial impact of Coronavirus.

Not a bad message and way to try to stimulate memberships to help a footy club through uncertain times.
    Our 50k - no way
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I was at Golden Plains on the weekend, which some jerk with the virus went to as well and caused me to FREAK out yesterday when I found out about it. Even worse was having to admit to my new boss that I went to a music festival 2 days after starting a job.

Feels inevitable that #everythingiscancelled at this point. Why couldn’t this have happened before cricket season.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Strange decisions by the cabinet. Why is 500 the maximum gathering size? And why does the ban start Monday?

I’m a bit lost.

And I’ve lost like, a lot of (admittedly electronic) money. And I have a business that is going to be heavily impacted...I don’t know what I was expecting but whatever Scotty just told me wasn’t it.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

16. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Strange decisions by the cabinet. Why is 500 the maximum gathering size? And why does the ban start Monday?

I’m a bit lost.

And I’ve lost like, a lot of (admittedly electronic) money. And I have a business that is going to be heavily impacted...I don’t know what I was expecting but whatever Scotty just told me wasn’t it.
    For anyone who is interested I think this is a fantastic analysis of what the world is facing right now.

No hyperbole, no partisan spin, just evidence based analysis.
    https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-f4d3d9cd99ca

18. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    For anyone who is interested I think this is a fantastic analysis of what the world is facing right now.

No hyperbole, no partisan spin, just evidence based analysis.
    https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-f4d3d9cd99ca
    It is an interesting read, quite worrying and also posted a couple of pages back.

20. Thanks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot thanked for this post