Thanks Thanks:  86
Likes Likes:  356
Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coronavirus: could the 2020 AFL season be called off?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I saw the Federal Minister for Health on tele tonight saying at this stage the race will go ahead. It is not just the State Govt deciding this.
    '
    This is what Hunt said.

https://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/ne...b22c236bd4708c
    Last edited by GVGjr; 12-03-2020 at 09:44 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not aiming to shoot the messenger here but forgive me if I don't automatically defer to the bloke whose list of kills includes the Great Barrier Reef.

They reckon a week's a long time in football. Well she's a freakin eternity in pandemic land.

Of course this all goes down the year we've locked and loaded the most fearsome forward line EVER.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

3. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maclaren have voluntarily withdrawn from the GP. Strong rumors that other teams will follow suit.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Maclaren have voluntarily withdrawn from the GP. Strong rumors that other teams will follow suit.
    Must be canceled now
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Because they had team members test suspected or test positive for the virus Sedat. No more, no less. Not for virtuous or political reasons.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

With playoffs nearing the NHL now inching closer to cancelling or at least postponing the season remainder ...

BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Well when news came out that the AFL predicting the first few rounds would be OK, did anyone really think that the first few rounds will be OK?

The NRL season just kicked off, I can assure you by Thursday there will be a shit tonne of CV issues raised from it. I'm calling you out Sedat, get upset about all this toooooooo! Jaaaaaaaa!

Post Thanks / Like

All - again, refer to basic rules around preparation and being able to segregate yourselves from the broader population and loved ones. Make sure loved ones who are older have a segregation plan in place.

Do not panic buy, just make sure you have enough essentials to be comfortable to get you through a couple to a few weeks.

Do not be Fury Road or Thunder Dome Oriented. Try not to break a deal, but if you do, rest assured, you will not have to face the wheel. Relax.

Love each other. It's not your fault or anyone's fault if CV19 hits you. Be nice, help.

10. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a first-world problem I know- have flights over for round 2 and a National gig at the Palais on the Monday night. Entirely expecting I will be locked out of the game and the gig will be called off too (they have already cancelled their shows in Japan).

It's a bit of a wait and see, but with each passing day and with each day seeing a major sport postponing/cancelling I am thinking that it is likely to be game over.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Because they had team members test suspected or test positive for the virus Sedat. No more, no less. Not for virtuous or political reasons.
    I didn't suggest what reasons, just relayed the news as it happened

Post Thanks / Like

The NRL season just kicked off, I can assure you by Thursday there will be a shit tonne of CV issues raised from it. I'm calling you out Sedat, get upset about all this toooooooo! Jaaaaaaaa!
    I'm upset about any compromising on public health that could have been minimised. The GP was the most glaring and obvious example in light of the significant rate of increase in infections coming out of Italy especially and Europe in general. A decision on the GP could have and should have occurred over a week ago. IMO, which would have greatly minimised our exposure from infected tourists and international guests.

Local sporting events without international tourists are a far less glaring example, but if they need to be held behind closed doors or suspended altogether I am 100% in favour of that.
    Last edited by Sedat; 13-03-2020 at 12:09 PM.

14. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    I'm not aiming to shoot the messenger here but forgive me if I don't automatically defer to the bloke whose list of kills includes the Great Barrier Reef.

They reckon a week's a long time in football. Well she's a freakin eternity in pandemic land.

Of course this all goes down the year we've locked and loaded the most fearsome forward line EVER.
    I am in Hunt's electorate. I didn't vote for him. I am labour through and through. My aim was to show the Grand Prix will be decided by the Federal Govt and the State Govt health professionals decision together. Not just the State Govt as previously quoted in this thread.

16. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All - again, refer to basic rules around preparation and being able to segregate yourselves from the broader population and loved ones. Make sure loved ones who are older have a segregation plan in place.

Do not panic buy, just make sure you have enough essentials to be comfortable to get you through a couple to a few weeks.

Do not be Fury Road or Thunder Dome Oriented. Try not to break a deal, but if you do, rest assured, you will not have to face the wheel. Relax.

Love each other. It's not your fault or anyone's fault if CV19 hits you. Be nice, help.
    Agree of be nice part. I was chatting to a supermarket staff member yesterday who did they liked someone being nice. I asked her why. She said all day she had been abused by people, predominately toilet paper related abuse.

Some humans are just *!*!*!*!ing awful. Abusing a supermarket worker over a manufacturer shortage through panic buying in garbage. You can choose to be nice. I hope we all choose the option you say Jeemak, be nice.

18. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm upset about any compromising on public health that could have been minimised. The GP was the most glaring and obvious example in light of the significant rate of increase in infections coming out of Italy especially and Europe in general. A decision on the GP could have snd should have occurred over a week ago. IMO, which would have greatly minimised our exposure from infected tousists and international guests.

Local.sporting events without international tourists are a far less glaring example, but if they need to be held behind closed doors or suspended altogether I am 100% in favoir of that.
    Agreed. Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore have learnt from SARS and acted quickly and decisively and have slowed the spread considerably. It was really unfortunate that the epicentre in Europe is probably the number one tourist spot on the Continent.

Reactive measures are like pissing up hill on one leg on a windy day when it comes to stemming the flow of this virus. That the Andrews Government put money over the health of people in regards to the F1 is an unacceptable inditement on his leadership.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

20. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

F1 GP is cancelled apparently and according to BBC.