Thanks Thanks:  86
Likes Likes:  356
Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coronavirus: could the 2020 AFL season be called off?

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Mates of mine have shut their pub as of Sunday but are doing just this, meal delivery service. Trying to keep as many staff in a job as possible.
    I have an involvement in a club/pub and we've got stock to use. Not sure about the longer term viability of it, will see how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    This is the issue when you start at <500 and then have to work down to <100, and then down to <100 with caveats, now we're blaming a bunch of people in open air at Bondi.

What a *!*!*!*!ing joke.

The government and anyone reasonably informed knew that <100 was the starting point if there needed to be a build up to what we have now.

Love the young people bashing that's been engaged in as well. These are the people who are going to feel the brunt of unemployment in lieu of them fielding the majority of jobs in cafes, pubs, and tourism. What a kick in the guts to be told it's your fault we're having to do this, and by the way, eat shit you're up first.

Anecdotally I know that it is younger people who are leading the charge in terms of educating their families on the seriousness of this pandemic. I really feel for them.
    And Mr PM went to his Hillsong meeting the week before and now has the audacity to call out others for doing something very similar (at least in the open like you say). They're being stupid sure but monkey see monkey do right?

3. Likes Mofra, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

6. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Dopes.
    risking everyone in society.

We are currently on 1629 and growing.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally the NRL has suspended the seaosn.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Yes we blocked Chinese arrivals to our benefit, but we were too China centric in our thinking and didn't give enough respect to the other avenues for the virus to enter via immigration (thanks ANZUS). And anyway, the only thing that saved us from early carnage was the country's chief medical officer enacting powers to ensure the government had to act within certain constraints, which at the time revolved around China. Make no mistake, without that legislated obligation this government would have shat the bed completely and we'd be Italy right now instead of wondering if we might be. Dumb luck, countered by public service oversight.
    However we came to that decision, it was massively important in preventing a catastrophe, seeing how hopelessly exposed and compromised we are to anything that adversely affects China (economically and health wise).

There is no country or govt in the world that has made 100% of the right decisions 100% of the time.with regard to this crisis and we are no exception. However to date, Australia has only 7 deceased (none in Vic) and about 20 people requiring ICU's in a country of 25 million people. I hope our Federal and State Govts can continue to make more right decisions than not, because with the infection rate growing things can get pear-shaped very quickly.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    However we came to that decision, it was massively important in preventing a catastrophe, seeing how hopelessly exposed and compromised we are to anything that adversely affects China (economically and health wise).

There is no country or govt in the world that has made 100% of the right decisions 100% of the time.with regard to this crisis and we are no exception. However to date, Australia has only 7 deceased (none in Vic) and about 20 people requiring ICU's in a country of 25 million people. I hope our Federal and State Govts can continue to make more right decisions than not, because with the infection rate growing things can get pear-shaped very quickly.
    Yep. There's not many, if any, good answers all the time and it's impossible to prove a good 'negative' outcome (ie less infection, death etc.). What has stood out to me is the almost near perfect level of bipartisanship by LNP & ALP. I thought I'd never see meaningful bipartisanship again. That's my takeaway at the minute.

11. Likes Sedat, Murphy'sLore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yep. There's not many, if any, good answers all the time and it's impossible to prove a good 'negative' outcome (ie less infection, death etc.). What has stood out to me is the almost near perfect level of bipartisanship by LNP & ALP. I thought I'd never see meaningful bipartisanship again. That's my takeaway at the minute.
    Albanese is no fool. He wants to own as little as this as possible. That's why he isn't insisting on a spot in this national cabinet.

Albo knows his ALP history and he knows how Curtin handled this exact problem in WWII and thank Christ he did.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Albanese is no fool. He wants to own as little as this as possible. That's why he isn't insisting on a spot in this national cabinet.

Albo knows his ALP history and he knows how Curtin handled this exact problem in WWII and thank Christ he did.
    Albo gave Morrison access to an extra $40,000,000,000 today, without delay or trouble, which can be spent with agreement between them and their sides. Nice to see actual adults come together for the hoped betterment of our citizens when both could've easily played political point scoring. I like it. I like my politics boring and vanilla, and outcome focussed. I hope it's here to stay for a long time.

14. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have a look at the way Taiwan has controlled Covid 19. They have just over 120 cases (NZ is now just over 100 cases) and are just a 140km from China with a lot people flying in and out to China.
    Taiwan has a population of 23 million so very comparable to Australia and they have controlled this right from day one learning from the SARS epidemic in 2003 and being prepared for this challenge

They have a Central Epidemic Command Center in place and the population seems to support their endeavors to control it.

Some lessons for all countries to learn from
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

16. Likes Sedat, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Albo gave Morrison access to an extra $40,000,000,000 today, without delay or trouble, which can be spent with agreement between them and their sides. Nice to see actual adults come together for the hoped betterment of our citizens when both could've easily played political point scoring. I like it. I like my politics boring and vanilla, and outcome focussed. I hope it's here to stay for a long time.
    He waved it through. I played politics for sheep stations (ie-it was serious shit) when I was younger and I know enough to spot the difference between cooperation and giving a man enough rope. If it were cooperation Albo would be shouting about it from the rooftops-he is not a naturally modest person despite the public persona. Albo is an animal.

Albo is giving Morrison enough rope and when he has finished winding it around his own neck Albanese will give it a giant tug.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

18. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All AFEL players taking 50% pay cuts to 31 May (the next AFEL review date).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Apparently chook theft is on the rise!
    Really?

Bastards. Im getting 4 on $15 each.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Silly question. My local pub home delivers the chef made meals at pub prices, plus delivery. Can the boss move into a delivery mode to keep the kitchen running?
    That's what we are trying, but like everyone else you can only bleed money for a couple of weeks and it'll shut down. Probably earlier by the goverment.
    The curse is dead.