Thanks Thanks:  86
Likes Likes:  356
Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coronavirus: could the 2020 AFL season be called off?

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    All AFEL players taking 50% pay cuts to 31 May (the next AFEL review date).
    Hope they realise how lucky they are.
    The curse is dead.

2. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Hope they realise how lucky they are.
    How did your meeting go?

Post Thanks / Like

How did your meeting go?
    Hardest day ever, letter staff go and so many tears. We have a plan but it just feels a waste of time and we are going to get shut down no matter what or have to shut cause theres only so much money you can lose. Im just numb atm.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Hardest day ever, letter staff go and so many tears. We have a plan but it just feels a waste of time and we are going to get shut down no matter what or have to shut cause theres only so much money you can lose. Im just numb atm.
    Sorry you’ve had to go through that mate, it’s a completely ****ed situation all round. Hopefully it’s possible to hold on until this thing turns one way or another.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

6. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds crap mate, sorry to hear it. But I did see you once grinning ear to ear when I handed you your GF ticket and had a beer. Here’s hoping that smiles, beer and winning footy comes around sooner rather than later once again.

8. Likes chef, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Yes we blocked Chinese arrivals to our benefit, but we were too China centric in our thinking and didn't give enough respect to the other avenues for the virus to enter via immigration (thanks ANZUS). And anyway, the only thing that saved us from early carnage was the country's chief medical officer enacting powers to ensure the government had to act within certain constraints, which at the time revolved around China. Make no mistake, without that legislated obligation this government would have shat the bed completely and we'd be Italy right now instead of wondering if we might be. Dumb luck, countered by public service oversight.

and last weekend we allowed a cruise ships to dock in Sydney and allowed people to disembark with coronavirus. Someone in Border Force (Dutton) should be sacked over that.

Yes we did a great job stopping people coming from China, but that was a no brainer as we have over 200,000 Chinese students in Australia and most like to go home for CNY. As I said earlier in this thread, we should have closed off all borders earlier. We knew the USA was an issue, as most of the infections came from there, yet we held off.

Anyway we have now, so that is good.

Current known infected 1709
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    and last weekend we allowed a cruise ships to dock in Sydney and allowed people to disembark with coronavirus. Someone in Border Force (Dutton) should be sacked over that.

Yes we did a great job stopping people coming from China, but that was a no brainer as we have over 200,000 Chinese students in Australia and most like to go home for CNY. As I said earlier in this thread, we should have closed off all borders earlier. We knew the USA was an issue, as most of the infections came from there, yet we held off.

Anyway we have now, so that is good.

Current known infected 1709
    Apparently NSW ‘Health’ let the ship dock so the story goes. They rated the risk as ‘low’ and no quarantine. Cluster*!*!*!*! of the highest order. Mistakes are going to be made, what I hope is the Federal Parliament have a massive inquiry and make sure that next time around we are better placed for learning from everything we will all go through. The job of government in a nutshell is to keep people safe in exchange for the taxes. I can live with imperfect decision (not so much the ship docking) this time around. Next time we better be in such a state to contain the fallout.

11. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought they “ stopped the boats”
    What a monumental stuff up and passing of the buck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Sorry you’ve had to go through that mate, it’s a completely ****ed situation all round. Hopefully it’s possible to hold on until this thing turns one way or another.
    I don't think we will, but theres so many people in worse spots than me. I won't lose my house if we go under, got a mate that looks like losing a $1m six months after opening a new venture. It's *!*!*!*!ed.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds crap mate, sorry to hear it. But I did see you once grinning ear to ear when I handed you your GF ticket and had a beer. Here’s hoping that smiles, beer and winning footy comes around sooner rather than later once again.
    Yeah, we are going to relive the 2016 season each weekend if we can find the games. Maybe we could do it on here too.

It's the being out of our control thats really killing me.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Albo gave Morrison access to an extra $40,000,000,000 today, without delay or trouble, which can be spent with agreement between them and their sides. Nice to see actual adults come together for the hoped betterment of our citizens when both could've easily played political point scoring. I like it. I like my politics boring and vanilla, and outcome focussed. I hope it's here to stay for a long time.
    I bet a lot of the yanks wish they had that now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I bet a lot of the yanks wish they had that now.
    Yep. But it makes to good watching...

17. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, we are going to relive the 2016 season each weekend if we can find the games. Maybe we could do it on here too.

It's the being out of our control thats really killing me.
    Yep. It's surprising for me all the things I take for granted. I think when we come out the other end I will have a greater appreciation for a lot of things.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember being at a Jeff Kennett talk years ago, and he said that despite being President of Hawthorn for premierships and Premier of Victoria, by far his greatest achievement in life was the time he spent as the head of Beyond Blue.

He also noted that every day he thinks of something to be grateful for as it's a positive habit to start, and I've been doing that for years. While I am still grateful for a lot, there are some things I really miss - the gym being at the top of the tree. It was a daily ritual, "my" time to myself. Working out at home or outside is ok but not the same.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I remember being at a Jeff Kennett talk years ago, and he said that despite being President of Hawthorn for premierships and Premier of Victoria, by far his greatest achievement in life was the time he spent as the head of Beyond Blue.

He also noted that every day he thinks of something to be grateful for as it's a positive habit to start, and I've been doing that for years. While I am still grateful for a lot, there are some things I really miss - the gym being at the top of the tree. It was a daily ritual, "my" time to myself. Working out at home or outside is ok but not the same.
    If there is a silver lining to this mess, it's that we are being forced to look at what we have and what we've taken for granted and appreciate it a hell of a lot more.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

21. Likes Sedat liked this post