Thanks Thanks:  86
Likes Likes:  356
Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coronavirus: could the 2020 AFL season be called off?

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Mum is out. She is pretty crook but she says that her mum and three of her siblings went into Footscray hospital and never came out again (or that *!*!*!*!ing hospital isn't going to kill me too as she put it) she's had a coronavirus test and we will get the result tomorrow hopefully.
    Hope she is ok TD - all the best to her.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mum is out. She is pretty crook but she says that her mum and three of her siblings went into Footscray hospital and never came out again (or that *!*!*!*!ing hospital isn't going to kill me too as she put it) she's had a coronavirus test and we will get the result tomorrow hopefully.
    I wish your mum well Twodogs.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

4. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a bugger Td. Hope the result is a good one. Cheers mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope your mum is OK.

Lucky Lachie Hunter didn't drive her home.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Hope your mum is OK.

Lucky Lachie Hunter didn't drive her home.
    She would have ended up kicking his sorry arse most of the way back. Dying or not dying.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

8. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope she's OK mate.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

After a good run of low cases, our Premier said that if we keep on this track of low cases some things can get eased in maybe 3 weeks. Ch7 print said "Those changes could include allowing more recreational and sporting activities, expanding the reasons people are allowed to leave home and lifting some limits around the number of people who can meet at once."

Is that me jonesing for footy, or could we have footy back in empty stadiums on 11 May (when this order expires)?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    After a good run of low cases, our Premier said that if we keep on this track of low cases some things can get eased in maybe 3 weeks. Ch7 print said "Those changes could include allowing more recreational and sporting activities, expanding the reasons people are allowed to leave home and lifting some limits around the number of people who can meet at once."

Is that me jonesing for footy, or could we have footy back in empty stadiums on 11 May (when this order expires)?
    I reckon they mean golf particularly.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely no chance.

The earliest they will re-commence training is May 4th and they are hopeful of re-commencing the season in late June/early July.

Post Thanks / Like

NRL back on May 28, (5 weeks). Team training from 4 May.

Federal CHO told the senate he'd like community sports where there's lower risk participants (I assume that means younger, fit people) back with improved safety measures.

Maybe some light breaking through for a post CV world.

Post Thanks / Like

NRL back on May 28, (5 weeks). Team training from 4 May.

Federal CHO told the senate he'd like community sports where there's lower risk participants (I assume that means younger, fit people) back with improved safety measures.

Maybe some light breaking through for a post CV world.
    I wonder what it will mean for local footy. Unlike the AFL local comps can't really afford to play without crowds, even if the players play for nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I wonder what it will mean for local footy. Unlike the AFL local comps can't really afford to play without crowds, even if the players play for nothing.
    Just might have to get creative. Stay in cars, or around cars 5m a part. Use an odds/evens method of who uses the canteen/bar/toilets. No kick to kick or going around a huddle. It might take us a while to get a solution, but if we have our footy back then I guess we have to just make it work. A lot better than indefinite nothing I guess.

16. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

How would you guys feel about being away from a young family in these hubs? It's a tricky one.

I have a 3 year old and I would struggle to be away for a month (when that wasn't part of industry when I joined it). I would also feel guilty not being able to assist her mother.

Basically, if I was secure and wealthy, I would try to avoid hubs. I guess making it tougher would be letting team mates down. I wonder how they will get all on board. Will they be okay with it being a choice?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    How would you guys feel about being away from a young family in these hubs? It's a tricky one.

I have a 3 year old and I would struggle to be away for a month (when that wasn't part of industry when I joined it). I would also feel guilty not being able to assist her mother.

Basically, if I was secure and wealthy, I would try to avoid hubs. I guess making it tougher would be letting team mates down. I wonder how they will get all on board. Will they be okay with it being a choice?
    I have a 4 and 6 year old, they are driving us insane, where do I sign up?