Thanks Thanks:  86
Likes Likes:  356
Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coronavirus: could the 2020 AFL season be called off?

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I hope you are going ok Sedat.
    Thanks BT, I'm doing ok. I'm healthy and my loved ones are as well. I've managed to save in the past for a rainy day and my word it's pissing down now
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

2. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Thanks BT, I'm doing ok. I'm healthy and my loved ones are as well. I've managed to save in the past for a rainy day and my word it's pissing down now
    Chin up mate, sorry to hear.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to see here in Bendigo we're taking it seriously. Driving home from work the Bunnings carpark is full. Next is the shopping complex and most of that is full as well. I drive from home to work and then home, isn't that what we're supposed to be doing unless a detour from that is absolutely essential?

Post Thanks / Like

I've just lost my job as have others on here, not to mention some others have tragically lost their livelihoods after spending many years of hard work and dedication setting up their own successful businesses. My thoughts are only with our commulity members who are facing an unpalatable new reality today through absolutely no fault of their own, and not on which party they happen to support in politics. Hopefully 'woof' can continue to provide each of us all with little slivers of happiness to help us get through every traumatic day.
    Firstly sorry to hear you lost your job, tough times are ahead for most people, and hoping this is over sooner rather than later.

With all due respect, it is a little late for that comment. But to be fair to you, you're not the only person to politicise this site on occasion.

Social media at the best of times is a toxic cesspit of filth from all sides of the politicial divide. On 'woof' we are all on a unity ticket as Bulldog supporters - I could care less what policital persuation anybody on here supports because frankly it is irrelevant. I don't mind at all criticism of specific actions (such as the appalling stuff-up by the NSW govt with the Ruby Princess and the non-action on canceling the Grand Prix until the damage was done) but some of the commentary has, no matter how well-intentioned, veered into toxic social media territory. Whether it's Peter Dutton, Penny Wong or any independent or small party politician that has fallen ill, I wouldn't wish harm on anybody.

This crisis is bipartisan and deeply affects all of us. That our democratically elected Federal Govt and all democratically elected state and territory leaders are working together around the clock is a wonderful spirit of unity that I am eternally grateful for. They won't make every correct decision but they are working 20 hour days trying to do everything possible to protect 25 million people as best as they can .
    Just a few points

* Border Force is controlled by the Federal Government which means all Planes, boats arriving is controlled by them, not NSW.

* I said two weeks ago we should have been tougher, and the reason I did was I want all Australians to be protected from the virus. I gave my reasons and solution.

If you think the PM is doing a great job. Good for you, you have your opinion and I have mind. I don't write an opinion on here favouring any side of politics, I call it as I see it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm one of the fortunate few who has zero chance of being stood down from my job, and if I do, there's special leave available to me.

I can't imagine what those who have been let go are going through.

We'll be doing as much as we can to help local businesses and clubs.

11. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I'm one of the fortunate few who has zero chance of being stood down from my job, and if I do, there's special leave available to me.

Mate. If you and I are looking at losing our jobs then the shit has really hit the fan.

If we go down then who is looking after public order or nursing the sick? I don't want to live in a society like that.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

This crisis is bipartisan and deeply affects all of us. That our democratically elected Federal Govt and all democratically elected state and territory leaders are working together around the clock is a wonderful spirit of unity that I am eternally grateful for. They won't make every correct decision but they are working 20 hour days trying to do everything possible to protect 25 million people as best as they can
    I am appalled at the suspension of government until August, as passed by the coalition without opposition support. What possible justification could there be for that?

National Cabinet needs to include the opposition leader and potentially some shadow ministers.

14. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Mate. If you and I are looking at losing our jobs then the shit has really hit the fan.

If we go down then who is looking after public order or nursing the sick? I don't want to live in a society like that.
    thankyou for all the work you do. Both of you have tough gigs that not everyone is cut out to do. Stay safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post

It looks like I'm going to be a chipping in for the taskforce that Dan Andrews announced as well.

Gonna be a long couple of months.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm probably going to lose my job. I only just got it and am still in probation so if there's any downturn I'll be the first out the door. Considering all the Courts are shut it feels pretty inevitable, and it almost killed me working to get to this point. The firm I was at before, although much smaller, has already had to make significant cuts.

I'm finding it really hard not to think selfishly about this. Probably why I was so ready to see the footy on when I knew it really shouldn't have been.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

18. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Likes chef, Rocket Science, bornadog, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There a number of forum regulars who have been impacted by the massive shutting down of businesses etc as the country tries to get a handle on stopping this virus from spreading quicker than our medical and supporting services can handle.
    To all of of our impacted WOOF community I genuinely hope things take a sharp turn for the better for you.
    Please do what you can to maintain a positive attitude and hopefully things turn around for you in a positive way.

As we now know there is a fair chance a high portion of our community will also experience the virus itself so please be proactive as you can be in protecting yourself and your loved ones.

I'm now wondering if this thread has now run it's course given the way it keeps moving to a political discussion.
    As you would all know I've been against politics being discussed here since we started the site but have let this one go more than I ever have given the serious impact that the virus is to the country. I'll respectfully ask if everyone can make an effort not to make this a political one going forward.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

20. Thanks Sedat, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot thanked for this post
    Likes chef, jeemak, Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like I'm going to be a chipping in for the taskforce that Dan Andrews announced as well.

Gonna be a long couple of months
    Sure is. The great irony is I was going to indulge myself in a fixing up a health problem I have ATM My assessment appointment is on 31//2020 work out details my admission.

I'm betting it's not going to happen now.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I'm probably going to lose my job. I only just got it and am still in probation so if there's any downturn I'll be the first out the door. Considering all the Courts are shut it feels pretty inevitable, and it almost killed me working to get to this point. The firm I was at before, although much smaller, has already had to make significant cuts.

I'm finding it really hard not to think selfishly about this. Probably why I was so ready to see the footy on when I knew it really shouldn't have been.
    I want to say something encouraging but ive got nothing.

Lets just hope we all come out the other side sane.
    The curse is dead.

23. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

There was a generation in the 60's and 70's thinking 'selfishly' about being conscripted. I think everyone gets to balance the macro and micro consequences of policy. But. Have you thought about becoming an confidential informer for Victoria Police? That seems to pay ok.

25. Likes hujsh liked this post