Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rnd 1 Dogs vs Pies Marvel Stadium GA Seating Priority!

So Every year we sell our soul to the big clubs, in particular the magpies, for our home games at Marvel Stadium.

Last time we basically reserved half of level 3 for Collingwood 'away' members only.

I understand there must be a cash incentive but this 'bending over' to satisfy an away club and give them priority over your own members is pathetic.

There was one year they expanded it to half of level 3, and probably only 20% of it was used.
    They also made it a sunday funday and advertised kids to come along and get in for free. Only problem is we had to squish into the remaining seats up in the nose bleeds and they sold out leaving many with standing room only or upgrading to a reserve seat.

This is bad enough mid-season in the middle of winter when the crowds are down, but what are they going to do round 1?

I'm predicting if you have a GA WB membership 3/4 of the ground is going to be reserved and they will have to turn many away. There will be more Collingwood people with reserved seats than bulldogs supporters and it will feel like an away game for our team.

Cash may be king but if we keep bending over to bigger clubs like this we will never be treated as equal.

We don't get an option to get guaranteed reserved seats for away games at Marvel against Essendon, they basically say good luck getting in, this is our house!

2. Thanks GVGjr, Eastdog, HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rnd 1 Dogs vs Pies Marvel Stadium GA Seating Priority!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    So Every year we sell our soul to the big clubs, in particular the magpies, for our home games at Marvel Stadium.

Last time we basically reserved half of level 3 for Collingwood 'away' members only.

I understand there must be a cash incentive but this 'bending over' to satisfy an away club and give them priority over your own members is pathetic.

There was one year they expanded it to half of level 3, and probably only 20% of it was used.
    They also made it a sunday funday and advertised kids to come along and get in for free. Only problem is we had to squish into the remaining seats up in the nose bleeds and they sold out leaving many with standing room only or upgrading to a reserve seat.

This is bad enough mid-season in the middle of winter when the crowds are down, but what are they going to do round 1?

I'm predicting if you have a GA WB membership 3/4 of the ground is going to be reserved and they will have to turn many away. There will be more Collingwood people with reserved seats than bulldogs supporters and it will feel like an away game for our team.

Cash may be king but if we keep bending over to bigger clubs like this we will never be treated as equal.

We don't get an option to get guaranteed reserved seats for away games at Marvel against Essendon, they basically say good luck getting in, this is our house!
    I hear what your saying, and I agree. However the fact we're sitting right now with only a tick over 36,000 members maybe doesn't give the club much room for playing hard-ball.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reminding me about this Cyberdoggie. Being a GA member and a Friday night game meaning I can't get there much before game time it's a issue.

Having a quick look on the ticketing website it looks like there are 10 bays on level 3 on the Harbour side wing that are available for reserved seating purchase. All the available seats are in the back half and cost $49 a pop, or $20 as a member upgrade. I'm not sure how much of the rest of level 3 is GA and what has already been reserved for the scum supporters.

Post Thanks / Like

Should have been theMCG
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tickets got. Bring it on.
    The curse is dead.

8. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Should have been theMCG
    Do you reckon BAD if we were consistently getting 50K members each season we would play some home games at the G? Even the Cats and Saints over the years have played the odd home game there and they are not even tenant clubs of the G.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 26-02-2020 at 08:25 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Do you reckon BAD if we were consistently getting 50K members each season we would play some home games at the G? Even the Cats and Saints over the years have played the odd home game there and they are not even tenant clubs of the G.
    Easty…………….
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

11. Likes azabob, Bulldog4life, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

double

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Easty…………….
    Here we go again...

Post Thanks / Like

Will leave it there
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

15. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have an issue with with GA being allocated, I mean it is GA so if it gets more bums on seats that the club benefits from financially all good I guess, it isn't as if we would have a lock out with all our member attending, however getting other teams members in our Member allocated seating area is an issue, one snot rag of a collingwood supporter cracked the sads because our group mentioned that the front row was reserved and to go back to her seat she sooked it up a treat, and was on fire after they got up, she even got up in my face crying over the seat still even though I said nothing to her. I am all for banter and fun at the footy but unfortunately some people are all about triggering others and pick the wrong person it can get out of hand very quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by muttley3028 View Post
    I don't have an issue with with GA being allocated, I mean it is GA so if it gets more bums on seats that the club benefits from financially all good I guess, it isn't as if we would have a lock out with all our member attending, however getting other teams members in our Member allocated seating area is an issue, one snot rag of a collingwood supporter cracked the sads because our group mentioned that the front row was reserved and to go back to her seat she sooked it up a treat, and was on fire after they got up, she even got up in my face crying over the seat still even though I said nothing to her. I am all for banter and fun at the footy but unfortunately some people are all about triggering others and pick the wrong person it can get out of hand very quickly.
    Yeah some people, including some Collingwood supporters, assume entitlement.

Post Thanks / Like

I have GA and Social Club membership. I went on ticketmaster to see if I could get my GA ticket through my membership and it only allows you to upgrade to a seat. I don't want a seat. However I could buy a GA ticket at the normal price of $27.00. it means members who have GA membership have to take a risk on the night to see if they will get in if it is not sold out prior.

As members we should be able to give our membership details to ticketmaster for a GA ticket.

Post Thanks / Like

Im a Silver Reserve and Social club member so not an issue for me for this game. More an issue with the away VIC games as our home and away membership option is GA for away games which means we need to upgrade if we want a reserve seat - depends on who we play.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 28-02-2020 at 04:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I really hate this system, we have a big group, 20 regulars and it can balloon out to 30 with hangers on etc. GA is perfect for us, we usually manage to sit in the first few rows of LVL 3 most weeks. Everyone gets there early.

Then v Pies, Essendrugs, and inexcusably Carlton, we get shafted so their members get a value add to their memberships. Put them up the back, in the corner.