Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  17
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wood backs Schache

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I would expect better from Sam, Mark would be lucky to know where he is half the time.
    I like Mark, tells it as it is.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Perfect person to have an a footy board.
    Old fashioned straight to the point if you like it or not.
    Bring back the biff

3. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sam is annoying to be honest and about as insightful as any bloke down at the pub.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I've been watching too much Bojack Horseman because I felt like this article should have been called Wood Backy Schache in Attacky.
    I can't read past this comment...….what else happened!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

You see the good thing about this place is that the various contributors source the best quality information and consolidate it here, free of charge. It's literally the best.

7. Likes bornadog, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    That's why I don't consume much footy media anymore. So many seem ignorant, happily. Layer that in the Tom Boyd hate, the same type of attitude to Schache etc. Then guys like Whately who use their platform to endorse Toby Greene and 'to never stop being Toby'. Or collecting Bulldogs player's teeth or eyes.
    Listening to that made me feel physically ill. So by that logic it would be OK for to front up to Gerard, knock him over, jump on top of him, start clawing at his eyes and then grab a handful of hair and bash his forehead on the ground? After all it's just me being me, I've always liked a fight and I don't see why I should have to be the one that has to subvert my natural desire to consolidate Whately's head with a bit of footpath.

That GVGjr is why we can never ever close down woof. We can debate different angles, but for the most part we use facts and insight to elevate conversations about our footy club.
    Hear, *!*!*!*!ing, hear! It won't be closing down while I have any say in it.

This is typical of media over the years where we are consistently under rated. Lots of players over the years have not received the accolades they deserve because of Morons like this who are focused on only a few teams.
    Kelvin. *!*!*!*!ing. Templeton. Put him in the HOF this year and then elevate him to legend status next year. If he had played his footy at any other club (I know he payed with Melbourne but he hobbled on one leg most of his time there) he would (rightfully) be considered a super star and the best player of his era. He was certainly the first Coleman/Brownlow medalist combination ( and only Lockett has done it since and he's in the HOF)

I do like Mark but there is a huge difference between 'telling it as it is' and just saying the first thing that comes in your head. Maclure just tends to say the first thing that comes into his head without really filtering it through the prism in his brain before saying it but it's always entertaining and informative.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

9. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I can't read past this comment...….what else happened!
    Well his lacky shot backy with a whacky at the media for talking smacky at Schache.

Post Thanks / Like

There's also a huge difference between telling things how you see them versus telling things how they are! This is what really got to me about Aker supporters who claimed he told things as they were.

Anyway, it is going to be great to see Schache and the other two gel if and when they're all able to get on the park together!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    it is going to be great to see Schache and the other two gel if and when they're all able to get on the park together!
    We will see some glimpses this weekend with Bruce set to play and Lew Young may also go down there.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    That's why I don't consume much footy media anymore. So many seem ignorant, happily. Layer that in the Tom Boyd hate, the same type of attitude to Schache etc. Then guys like Whately who use their platform to endorse Toby Greene and 'to never stop being Toby'. Or collecting Bulldogs player's teeth or eyes.

I don't mind our club or players being criticised, it's absolutely fair game. But based on facts, FFS please... I've had a gut full of ignorant BS in the media landscape where good footy journalism used to be. As you say, these 'professionals' in the media and in TV commentary are ignorant and some cases sprout plainly dumb things and their bosses/producers don't seem to care that they're incompetent. So since there's no standards and there's no need to do basic journalistic things to a competent level.

That GVGjr is why we can never ever close down woof. We can debate different angles, but for the most part we use facts and insight to elevate conversations about our footy club.
    I'd like to think this is true but the participation numbers from some the members suggests we have a very limited shelf life.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'd like to think this is true but the participation numbers from some the members suggests we have a very limited shelf life.
    That may be the nature of the beast being that it's related to a seasonal game. Things get a little quite in the off season.
    I'd be curious if we could have some mid year stats on posts over the last few years.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    That may be the nature of the beast being that it's related to a seasonal game. Things get a little quite in the off season.
    I'd be curious if we could have some mid year stats on posts over the last few years.
    The vBulletin software has a lots of stats so I can share but the problem is that we aren't attracting enough active new members
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoy WOOF. Really contributing lately with posting up articles and enjoy helping in the Dawg squad.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"