Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  52
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marsh Cup 2020 Game 2 - Port vs Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The commentators called this from the studio, pretty weak really, but I guess a practise match Fox doesn't want to spend the money. Dwayne is so annoying
    Foxtel have called pre season games from the studio for the last couple of years. They only send out the boundary rider.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Foxtel have called pre season games from the studio for the last couple of years. They only send out the boundary rider.
    Thanks Aza, didn't know that.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Vastly better 2nd half. He's in no danger
    Agreed, Wood was much handier in the second half. He'll need to bring that hunger for the contest regularly though and hope the match committee doesn't stitch him up with mismatched opponent too often.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I think that is only at the regional games, pretty sure they were there against North but I might be wrong
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Agreed, Wood was much handier in the second half. He'll need to bring that hunger for the contest regularly though and hope the match committee doesn't stitch him up with mismatched opponent too often.
    Unfortunately they have to play him against taller players at times. If we play him as the 4th tall defender we are way to slow
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Aza, didn't know that.
    Yeah, they claim is saves them a truckload of $$ in production costs etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think that is only at the regional games, pretty sure they were there against North but I might be wrong
    I know they didn’t go to Princess Park last year.
    Maybe at Marvel Stadium because it’s all set up that is the exception.

8. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bit of a wake up call for a few to stop believing the hype. We need to play Daniel on the wing or as a pressure forward. It was no coincidence we played our best football last year when he was injured and not playing down back. He takes too long to move the ball with his piddly side way kicks/handballs and this confuses players up the ground who make leads and have to dummy back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Bit of a wake up call for a few to stop believing the hype. We need to play Daniel on the wing or as a pressure forward. It was no coincidence we played our best football last year when he was injured and not playing down back. He takes too long to move the ball with his piddly side way kicks/handballs and this confuses players up the ground who make leads and have to dummy back.
    Agree I wouldn't be playing Daniel anywhere near an already undersized backline. There were a lot of smalls who struggled today there are roles up for grabs from the wings to forwards it will be interesting to see where he slots in.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what to make of these games
    I mean freo ( undermanned) Knock over west coast
    Gold Coast look like Richmond
    Time will tell

12. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...gs-narrow-loss

Bruce boots four in Dogs' narrow loss

Josh Bruce booted four goals in his first competitive hitout for the Bulldogs, in a narrow Marsh Series loss to Port Adelaide in Whyalla on Saturday afternoon.

A fast-finishing Power booted the last five goals of the game with the aid of a strong breeze to run out 10-point winners.

The performance of Bruce, the continued improvement of Tim English in the ruck and the defensive efforts of Bailey Williams that were just some of the positives the Dogs will take from the contest ahead of its Round 1 clash with Collingwood on March 20.

Lachie Hunter’s 29 disposals were an equal game high, with Josh Dunkley (28) and Marcus Bontempelli (27) also prolific.

Sam Lloyd chipped in with three goals, with English kicking two majors to go with his 37 hitouts.

The Bulldogs started with the breeze at their backs in the first term and controlled proceedings, with Bruce kicking two goals from set shots.

Port capitalised on their territorial advantage in the second, kicking five goals to two to lead by 17 points at the main break.

Lewis Young and Roarke Smith entered the game for the second half and it was Young’s goal which sparked a Bulldogs run of six of the next seven goals to have his side lead by 14 points at the final change.

The Dogs led by 20 points at 14 minute mark of last quarter, but couldn’t hold on into the wind in the final stages.

PORT ADELAIDE 3.3 8.8 9.11 14.11 (95)
    WESTERN BULLDOGS 4.2 6.3 12.7 13.7 (85)

GOALS
    Port Adelaide: Lienert 2, Dixon 2, Marshall 2, Jonas, Butters, Westhoff, Farrell, Rozee, Duursma, Hartlett, Georgiades
    Western Bulldogs: Bruce 4, Lloyd 3, English 2, Wallis, Young, R.Smith, Dale

BEST
    Port Adelaide: Byrne-Jones, Boak, Burton, Westhoff, Powell-Pepper
    Western Bulldogs: Bontempelli, Dunkley, Bruce, Williams, English, Hunter

INJURIES
    Port Adelaide: Lycett (Achilles), Dixon (adductor)
    Western Bulldogs: Nil

Reports: Nil

Umpires: Stephens, Dore, Howorth

Official crowd: 4770 at Bennett Oval, Whyalla
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Bit of a wake up call for a few to stop believing the hype.
    Wake call for who? Players or supporters?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wake call for who? Players or supporters?
    It was a good tough practice match today. I thought we got a lot out of that today and Bevo can look at areas to improve things. Disappointed obviously not to win but lets win in Round 1 now. Only 2 practice games but the signs are pretty good.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to know what to take out of these games.
    We looked rusty and our disposal in the first half needs improving and I wonder what sort of mind set the players and coaches go into these games with.
    In warm conditions it looked like we ran out of steam in the last quarter and maybe Port wanted it more than us.
    It is what it is and Port gave us a good run and made it a little bit more than a intra club practice game.
    The Bont looks primed for another good year and I like the look of Bruce and it will be interesting on how he performs under the roof with better delivery.
    I don't think Timmy will ever be a body on body ruck man but he can do some damage around the ground and he's not a bad kick for goal.
    B.Smith got better as the game went on and it amazes me for a young player how can stand up in a tackle. R.Smith did alright when he came on but he faded late and I wonder if he has the tank to take a wing role on as he has been in the system for a while now but he is proficient on both side of the body.
    Schache needs to make the most of his chances and missed what he should have got.
    I agree with some of the other posters in we need a key back as the Dixon's of this world will trouble us.
    Now Easton is not the Captain his place at the level may be looked at during the season unless he can recapture his form form a few years back.
    The best thing was a clean bill of health and bring on round one when we are playing for something.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

18. Likes azabob, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A good last hit out. A practice match. No injuries. A long ground. Wind seemed to pick up. Bring on the pies at marvel.

20. Likes azabob, Eastdog liked this post