Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge reveals he snubbed an offer to coach another AFL club

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Vulnerability typically stems from a lack of communication and certainty about your performance and future. In a professional environment where feedback to players and coaches occurs on an almost weekly basis he would have been very aware of how he was regarded. Perhaps he didn't agree with some of the improvement opportunities that he would have received feedback on but he would have been clear on how things were progressing.
    Surely you of all people would hope that the higher up were less than satisfied with the performance of the team post 2016 given your comments since then. I think it would have been communicated that the club needs to be producing better on field results.

Bevo also knows that there's only so much time you can spend losing before people get impatient. In fact people here were calling for his head. Even if Grant was telling him he's safe there's only so long the club can keep an underperforming coach on board if the fans want them out.

The club was probably saying they intend to resign him at the end of the year but he knows that these factors could well mean that doesn't happen. Therefore he'd feel vulnerable.

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge reveals he snubbed an offer to coach another AFL club

I would be concerned if we had a coach that no other club was interested in.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I would be concerned if we had a coach that no other club was interested in.
    Sort of like our assistants you mean?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite