Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  136
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Collingwood R1 2020

Do we know if the roof can be shut yet with the indoor gathering restrictions? According to the BOM there is a 30% chance of a small amount of rain tonight. If there is any moisture playing so many talls would be foolish.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't even get excited about the game, I'll watch and hope we win but just can't get into it with whats about to happen.
    The curse is dead.

3. Likes Eastdog, angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I can't even get excited about the game, I'll watch and hope we win but just can't get into it with whats about to happen.
    Definitely feel you there, hoping the switch gets flicked once the ball is bounced. It all feels kind of futile.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Definitely feel you there, hoping the switch gets flicked once the ball is bounced. It all feels kind of futile.
    Is it weird I don't care if we win, I just don't want any of our players to get sick from tonight?

Playing contact sport while trying to contain a virus that gets spread from bodily fluids and contact seems a bit strange.
    The curse is dead.

6. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    If in doubt go smaller is always my policy. One tall too many in my view. We need help for English but we don’t need 3 talls at each end.
    I doubt they will all be on the ground at the same time
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Is it weird I don't care if we win, I just don't want any of our players to get sick from tonight?

Playing contact sport while trying to contain a virus that gets spread from bodily fluids and contact seems a bit strange.
    That's fair enough I guess. All I can suggest you do is take solace from the raw numbers which show Australia having 565 cases - and 6-deaths - from COVID 19. Yes, there will have been a (potentially high) number of unreported cases, but the death rate we are seeing is in the '0.05-0.05'% range so our detection levels might be not too bad.

I can't speak for Melbourne, but in Perth kids are still going to school (not to mention the shops), trains are still running etc...to a large extent 'normal' life is happening all around us.

I am sure at some point one of the players will be infected, but would suggest that right now the risk is very low.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    That's fair enough I guess. All I can suggest you do is take solace from the raw numbers which show Australia having 565 cases - and 6-deaths - from COVID 19. Yes, there will have been a (potentially high) number of unreported cases, but the death rate we are seeing is in the '0.05-0.05'% range so our detection levels might be not too bad.

I can't speak for Melbourne, but in Perth kids are still going to school (not to mention the shops), trains are still running etc...to a large extent 'normal' life is happening all around us.

I am sure at some point one of the players will be infected, but would suggest that right now the risk is very low.
    We're approximately 2-3 weeks behind the US and that country is in total shut down mode.

Normal life has about 1-2 weeks left at most here.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

10. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The reason why its only 565 is because of the restrictions. I can see it already if the government do a good job flattering the curve, just watch social and talk back radio etc come at them stating low cases/deaths etc calling it all bullshit.

Post Thanks / Like

We're approximately 2-3 weeks behind the US and that country is in total shut down mode.

Normal life has about 1-2 weeks left at most here.
    I don't think you can compare us to the USA. they have been complacent from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    The reason why its only 565 is because of the restrictions. I can see it already if the government do a good job flattering the curve, just watch social and talk back radio etc come at them stating low cases/deaths etc calling it all bullshit.
    We had a jump of 160 to now be on 765. We should have been tougher a few weeks ago, especially with our borders.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    It's more likely due to lack of testing. There is no way with our blase attitude to isolating/self quarantine that only 565 Australians have the virus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I don't think you can compare us to the USA. they have been complacent from the start.
    And we haven't been?

Post Thanks / Like

And we haven't been?
    True, but at least we cut off returning Chinese after their CNY visits. Most of our issues have been people coming from USA visits

Post Thanks / Like

Normal life finished last week imo.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    True, but at least we cut off returning Chinese after their CNY visits. Most of our issues have been people coming from USA visits
    Thousands of Chinese students landed in Australia just last week.

Public transport is still running en masse.

Positive cases will sky rocket in Australia before we know it.

19. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't feel normal working from home and seeing Woolworths with empty shelves. Though from the Bushfires onwards this has been a strange year