Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  136
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Collingwood R1 2020

I'm only going to say one thing on tonight's game

Do not serve up that lack of intensity again this season; your supporters deserve better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    We were laughing during the warm up. It was weird.

Most may disagree, but I liked Bailey Smith tonight. I think when the shit his the fan he'll still run his guts out. I like that.

As a massive Cordy fan - why the hell was he taking kick outs? Never again please.
    Smith and Keath can be proud of their effort, the rest I'm not sure what happened. 88 percent of players voted to play, maybe we were the opposing 12.

Post Thanks / Like

I really hope they look at Trengove to play ruck - seriously reckon English should play more forward at this stage of his career.

Then you just look at Young or Gardner as the big defender.

I dunno...would help if we looked interested, Macrae had that first half of 2019 look about him.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Cavarra looked better than our regular mids when put around stoppages late in game. I am tired of Bevo not respecting importance of ruck craft. Trengove should be given more chance to play. Sad to see Roughy in pies colours but happy for him he picked a good side. Let’s hope tonight was an aberration and team can pick themselves up. Keath and Smith the only positives I can think of and also Wood early on. Bailey Williams and Crozier did a few nice things too.

Where was Dunks tonight?

Post Thanks / Like

The sad fact is that the third most capable ruck on the ground tonight was Roughead.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope handball is removed from the training program. It destroyed the player setup tonight. 4 short hand passes gives the opposition time to corral the ball movement and caused fumbles. It also draws more of our players into that zone, Taking them out of relevance and allowing opponents to form an outer perimeter.

Therefore Morning training should be restricted to kicking 40 metres into a wheelie bin until further notice.

At afternoon training the closest players are to be is 40 metres to reinforce their understanding of how important that distance is.

After a mark the slow skip away from our goal, followed by a slow 360 degree panoramic viewing of the stadium, and then a slow kick backwards, is replaced by a quick kick forward to someone who has run into a good position ‘x’ metres closer to goal.

What might ‘x’ be?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    My deepest, darkest secret is a belief that Bevo should have been sacked at half time of Rd 3 2018.
    I keep it chained up but it is a beast. It's chains were rattling last year early on, they're rattling again.
    Round two?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

8. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Round two?
    Correct, it was R2.

Post Thanks / Like

Faarrkk.
    We were outplayed by a very well drilled team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Correct, it was R2.
    I put this one firmly on the midfield leaders. Hunter when we needed him to execute couldn't, Bontempelli, Dunkley and Macrae couldn't get the defencive mindset to nullify or get the footy themselves. It was a complete shit show between the arcs.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I put this one firmly on the midfield leaders. Hunter when we needed him to execute couldn't, Bontempelli, Dunkley and Macrae couldn't get the defencive mindset to nullify or get the footy themselves. It was a complete shit show between the arcs.
    Awful, rushed kicking up the line. Second to the footy and out worked in space. Out muscled. They've done themselves a disservice as a group tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    I hope handball is removed from the training program. It destroyed the player setup tonight. 4 short hand passes gives the opposition time to corral the ball movement and caused fumbles. It also draws more of our players into that zone, Taking them out of relevance and allowing opponents to form an outer perimeter.

Therefore Morning training should be restricted to kicking 40 metres into a wheelie bin until further notice.

At afternoon training the closest players are to be is 40 metres to reinforce their understanding of how important that distance is.

After a mark the slow skip away from our goal, followed by a slow 360 degree panoramic viewing of the stadium, and then a slow kick backwards, is replaced by a quick kick forward to someone who has run into a good position ‘x’ metres closer to goal.

What might ‘x’ be?
    No issue with the handball per se. We just couldn’t hit a target or we continuously fumbled the ball. When Collingwood handballed they were direct and quick. They used handballs to their advantage. The problem was we didn’t pressure them enough and they harrassed the crap out of us which lead to us turning over the ball from handballs continuously. We need to be quicker with our hands allowing us to create space and run. We did this a few times and that is when we looked our best. Daniel was our best exponent tonight.

The thing that pisses me off is the blind kick over the shoulder down the wing to no one. Hunter and Dunkley did this a few times.

14. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post

After a mark the slow skip away from our goal, followed by a slow 360 degree panoramic view of the stadium, and then a slow kick backwards, is replaced by a quick kick forward to someone who has run into a good position ‘x’ metres closer to goal.

What might ‘x’ be?
    I don't think that is true.

I'm surprised to be honest, because your normal Ruck narrative could've got a nice run tonight.
    Collingwood had 162 handballs to 118

The issue wasn't the amount of handballs, but the conditions under which we resorted to them, and then the resulting under pressure bang it on the foot no look kick that transpired.

We lost this 100% at the source.

Centre clearances: 15 to 5 Collingwood
    Contested possessions: 123 to 93 Collngwood
    Inside 50's : 42 to 22 Collingwood
    Marks inside 50 14 to 2 Collingwood

And it was a tackle free game as a result 49 to 41 Collingwood.

We lost this at the contest, in and around the ball. Anything after that is merely a consequence.
    That our handballs were ineffective is less about it being the wrong thing to do, than it is the circumstances under which the handballs happened.
    I am surprised, you must have a new spin for 2020. Normally you're keen to smash our inequity in the ruck contest. Tonight, it and the set up and performance of our blokes around the source was below average for a amateur side much less an AFL side.

If we win our fair share at the souce, if not due to English's tap, then through our ability to negate at least Grundy's ability to get it to his teammate then this is at least a 50/50 game.
    I can't find the stat for taps to advantage online, but I did see on TV at one stage around half time it was 12 to Collingwood and 1 to us. That is HUGE! I think at one stage it was a tap to advantage in 1 in 7 ball ups. Again that is massive.
    We were as a result on the backfoot at all time, and irrespective of whether we handballed or pressure kicked it, we would've been at a severe disadvantage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We really got this wrong at the selection table
    Same as we did early last yeast year.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Same as we did early last yeast year.
    We better adjust very quickly, if circumstances allow us to.