Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  136
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Collingwood R1 2020

Bont, Macrae, Dunks were shamed by their Collingwood opposition. Grundy and even Cox obliterated English in all facets. It all starts at the source.

All summer we've been hearing garbage about 'redemption' after our meek and inept finals display. Talk is very cheap.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

English should be embarrassed. Has spent more time looking at Grundy than anything else. He'll have nightmares about Grundy

3. Likes Happy Days, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Geez Lloyd has another poor moment. I feel like he is a player that struggles to lift when faced with intensity.

Really poor half, i would say terrible except the last 5 minutes saved it a bit. Finally our midfield started to get thrir hands on the ball and we managed to retain some possesion.

Structurally we seem to be really struggling to cover their wide forwards. They seem to sit two really wide (Mihocek) about 55 out and use them as a bail put option under pressure.

Cordy taking kickouts is shite, although if the plan is to kick long to a contest anyway at least it saves us from the Daniel being the deepest defender bullshit.

Speaking if Daniel, a couple of times it has seemed like he is the option in the corrider as we come into the forward half. This is dumb. Why wiuld you put your weakest aerially and in a contest player as that option. Lloyds kick to him wa sdumb but it also showrd that there is no plan b if the option doesnt work. At least if its Macraw or Crozier or someone you are a chance of taking the mark, or spoiling the mark, or tackling and aplying enough pressure to at least get reinforcements. Daniel cannot do any of this.

Gardner has been ok fwiw. He has had an impact in almost every aerial contest he has been in and unlike half our other defenders hasnt given away a panicky free nor slipped his tackles. That recovery from that mispass to him was terrible, but as much as i dont rate him he far from the biggest underperformer out there.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Naughton and Bruce very quiet. I think the concerns of many posters here that we went too tall late justified so far.

We need a scrapper small. Roarke Smith. Cal Porter. A genuine battler. Cav is a good start, but we need one in the middle. Run him off the wing.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Wow. So Sidebottom interviewed said 'feel sorry for the opposition ruckman'.. when asked about Grundy's dominance
    Hope someone feeds that comment to Timmy.

Glad we kicked a few. Hope its not just a Dead Cat Bounce!
    This is my last year for English, if he plays like this through the whole season we need to look at new ruck options.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

7. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    All summer we've been hearing garbage about 'redemption' after our meek and inept finals display. Talk is very cheap.
    So much this.

So much rubbish about redemption and being the hunter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Dale doing his usual disappearing act against good opposition.
    You can't question his impeccable timing in playing his best football when he is about to go out of contract. Even better than Kosi and Darran Gaspar in their prime.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

This is the first time my dog has ever seen us play. I've been talking them up to him all summer. He's devastated probably.

We have a LOT to answer for.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

You can't question his impeccable timing in playing his best football when he is about to go out of contract. Even better than Kosi and Darran Gaspar.
    He was borderline in the best 22 coming into tonight. At what point do we make him go back and really work for his spot?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Second worst inside 50 ever at half time (8). Not sure it counts with shortened quarters.
    Pies pressure rating first qtr highest ever.
    Normally a stat we never lose, but mids are getting killed so that is what happens
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Naughton and Bruce very quiet. I think the concerns of many posters here that we went too tall late justified so far.

We need a scrapper small. Roarke Smith. Cal Porter. A genuine battler. Cav is a good start, but we need one in the middle. Run him off the wing.
    Not sure you can blame our talls. We have had about 7 inside 50s and half of them have been dumb.

A scrapper small would be good because they would bring intensity, which is what we have lacked this entire game. If the side lifts its intensity, and manages to actually retain the ball then we can see if our talls are the issue

Post Thanks / Like

You can't question his impeccable timing in playing his best football when he is about to go out of contract. Even better than Kosi and Darran Gaspar.
    Nauhghton has also vanished this game...
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Harsh on Dale considering we had TWO inside 50s in red time in the second quarter.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

16. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    This is my last year for English, if he plays like this through the whole season we need to look at new ruck options.
    He definitely needs effective support.
    I still think he's a great talent. Grundy is a gun.
    Lets not forget Carey used to get owned by Jakovich. There is always a player that just seems to have the wood over a particular player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He was borderline in the best 22 coming into tonight. At what point do we make him go back and really work for his spot?
    Again he has hardly been helped by his teammates in giving him an opportunity.