Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  136
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Collingwood R1 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    We’ve got Carlton next game.
    oh dear. Sorry. I thought I'd stifle my wine consumption early in the season. I failed.

Post Thanks / Like

The ultimate down hill skier!

#3moreyearsfor4decentgames
    I think so sadly. Hard gig as a forward tonight but his lack of effort has been evident in any game we don't smack it in the midfield
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

We’ve got Carlton next game.
    Our mids will need to lift - Cripps absolutely smashed us in the first game last year.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Without fans the product is compromised. It ain’t footy. I don’t know what it is. But it’s all we have. This has been such a shit year. We are stuck in our homes. Everything is cancelled. No kids sport. No footy. Can’t even go to work.

It may be crap. But at least we have some footy, even if it’s highly compromised. That hurts. That really hurts. Pour me a drink.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Normal analysis I think is hard to apply to this performance in these circumstances. Never seen the team that flat in rd 1. Bloody shame season held so much promise.
    We were laughing during the warm up. It was weird.

Most may disagree, but I liked Bailey Smith tonight. I think when the shit his the fan he'll still run his guts out. I like that.

As a massive Cordy fan - why the hell was he taking kick outs? Never again please.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Something not right with Macrae. He was ordinary in Vic game and Port game and no improvement tonight. A lot of players worse than him tonight but he doesn't play 3 in a row like that. Looks very slow.

Post Thanks / Like

So, in a year that is going to be unlike any other. Where no one knew what was going to happen given the circumstances, we just put in an effort for the ages.. for all the wrong reasons.
    In doing so, Collingwood just sang the team song like no other I've seen in a long while. Wind out of sails for us, and we face Carlton (thanks Mantis!) next week - if it proceeds. Carlton looked garbage and then they fought. Even if we wind, it will be no redemption. If we lose, we're on life support.
    In normal course of events, you'd say it's not ideal, but we can right the ship with a month of good footy. We may not get the opportunity for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    We were laughing during the warm up. It was weird.

Most may disagree, but I liked Bailey Smith tonight. I think when the shit his the fan he'll still run his guts out. I like that.

As a massive Cordy fan - why the hell was he taking kick outs? Never again please.
    And that smacks of garbage from our coaches and selection committee. It highlights how imbalanced we are down back. As does Keath having to predominantly having to play as a lock down defender.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Thought he was easily our best 4 quarter player tonight
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

MC continue the trend of trying to outsmart the room early in seasons.

Gardner's selection is nothing short of negligent. He should be playing WRFL. That's said with tongue in cheek but he's so far off the level that it's frightening.

JJ on a wing, Cordy kicking out, Naughton underdone, Keath as a lockdown, Young as a third forward/ruck (If Naughton wasn't playing fine).

Selections clearly wouldn't have mattered given how inept our player buy in was but why do our MC continually *!*!*!*! around with what is proven?

This is one of the most disappointing and embarrassing nights our club has had.

11. Likes Mantis, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That was as bad a performance as I have seen in the last 45 years. We were totally outplayed in every facet of the game. We were brushed aside. Hard to understand the meekness of that non-performance. Keath was ok, Smith tried very hard, Crozier was ok, Wood in the 1st half gets a tick, Daniel in the 2nd half got a bit of it. I can't criticize the forwards too much because the ball hardly got down there!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Very poor performance - poorly selected side, top heavy, our best players had no influence.

Lots of guys looked short of a gallop, nothing went right

Post Thanks / Like

My deepest, darkest secret is a belief that Bevo should have been sacked at half time of Rd 3 2018.
    I keep it chained up but it is a beast. It's chains were rattling last year early on, they're rattling again.

Post Thanks / Like

Is Lapinski injured?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Is Lapinski injured?
    Delayed Concussion from Port pre-season game