Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Income Generating Ideas In These Tough Times

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I've been thinking about an idea where we try and get 1,000 members to contribute $1,000. That will generate 1M and greatly assist the club manage the losses this year.

I'm fortunate that I could do this but I wonder how we would canvass the wider Bulldogs community?
    I love the Bulldogs but no way could I afford to do this.

Hate to say it but there’s a lot of worthy causes that I care about that are struggling at the moment that I haven’t already given several hundreds of dollars to this year.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I've been thinking about an idea where we try and get 1,000 members to contribute $1,000. That will generate 1M and greatly assist the club manage the losses this year.

I'm fortunate that I could do this but I wonder how we would canvass the wider Bulldogs community?
    That a real tough one in these times. Not a lot of job security. Even if your industry is safe now the multiplier effect could take it's toll and then who knows what's impacted. I'm lucky to have a role at NBN extended til September which should be pretty safe (only more demand for the internet right now) but how many are lucky enough to be able to say that?

3. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure right now is the right time to be asking for more money off our members, we all have bigger fish to fry atm.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Not sure right now is the right time to be asking for more money off our members, we all have bigger fish to fry atm.
    Yes, I think most will be donating their memberships already bought.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Listening to SEN a caller suggested covering the empty seats with advertising. I think it is a brilliant idea to generate funds
    This was immediately obvious to me last night.

However, the fence and level one digital signage is still in effect, meaning any advertising on the seats would be in conflict unless the brands align.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if it has been suggested, but a futures type scenario with membership would make sense to me. Two, five year options ? It would bring in revenue now when needed most and gives time to adjust things to compensate down the track.