Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Income Generating Ideas In These Tough Times

This forum has put forth a range of ideas that the club has adopted. From donating membership kits to community programs, to a March to the G. So do we have any ideas for the to generate extra cash in these tough times.

An idea I'm having is that the club commit to maintaining all the colours and designs of membership apparel and kits for next year. The idea being that members buy next year's apparel right now, knowing that's what everyone else is wearing it next year too. If we could bring forward hundreds of thousands of dollars from next year to right now I imagine that helps cash flow.

Then add on membership discounts with the hope of stimulating people joining. Perhaps something like spend $200+ and get a 3 game 2020 membership included with purchase. And maybe a discount or social club upgrade for large spends over $500, to stimulate bigger spends to the club. Then perhaps a $20 per signature option for each player/s to sign your merch before it gets mailed out. $10 to the club. $5 towards a fund for assisting non playing employees and $5 towards a fund for players.

Other ideas I've had are offering 2021 membership renewal right now. It might not increase the overall income generated, but again it could bring forward 2021 income to right now to assist the club manage this crisis.

There's also a straight plea for help via a really good digital video might be worth the effort.

Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Income Generating Ideas In These Tough Times

If games are called off, players will be left with plenty of free time. I’d be looking at engaging younger fans and have exclusive esports tournaments/game play with players. Imagine being able to play FIFA or Call of Duty against Bont.

I’d also be looking at how we can fill the void of content with some sort of weekly broadcast via our website to generate views/sponsorship dollars.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

3. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ask Libba - every week Libba answers questions about life and provides advice to those going through tough times. Monthly subscription gets viewing rights and question rights.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Ask Libba - every week Libba answers questions about life and provides advice to those going through tough times. Monthly subscription gets viewing rights and question rights.
    That should be a thing with or without Corona virus.

For any questions that Tom struggles with we roll out "Ask Tony Libba" I'm thinking most of Tony's advice would revolve around thumping the first head that you can see.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Listening to SEN a caller suggested covering the empty seats with advertising. I think it is a brilliant idea to generate funds
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes Mofra, Bulldog4life, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Really important thread this, though. Let's really put our heads together.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Listening to SEN a caller suggested covering the empty seats with advertising. I think it is a brilliant idea to generate funds
    Port might have a few spare tarps around.

Only need blank ones anyway and broadcasters can use virtual advertising to make it look like they are branded
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

10. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How about a pledge?

If Bonts signs early for 5-7 years, members match his years long commitment with membership commitment for 5-7 years paid up front (or afterpay etc). Members that do it get an annual 2 hour event, Q&A and photos with Bonts.

Do it for the club Marcus. Do it now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    How about a pledge?

If Bonts signs early for 5-7 years, members match his years long commitment with membership commitment for 5-7 years paid up front (or afterpay etc). Members that do it get an annual 2 hour event, Q&A and photos with Bonts.

I'm totally on board with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Upgrade to social club and get access to a live stream of training every week.

14. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How about a pledge?

I am in
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I am in
    So three of us so far. That's equal to 15-21 new memberships already for the club. Cmon Marcus...

Post Thanks / Like

Bidding to have your name or fave player's name on a footy presented to highest bidder before game starts e.g .at spinning of coin.

Love the idea of virtual seminars allowing Q&A with coaches and/or players - either chat if lots of folks at lower price or smaller groups, or higher price with audio and access to special preview of behind the scenes/in the dog house videos

Virtual auction with audio visual BOG or all player's jumper and boots after a win

Virtual bulldog flavoured competitions/trivia nights with a player on your side e.g. the chaps that are injured

18. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So three of us so far. That's equal to 15-21 new memberships already for the club. Cmon Marcus...

4 and 5.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

20. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been thinking about an idea where we try and get 1,000 members to contribute $1,000. That will generate 1M and greatly assist the club manage the losses this year.

I'm fortunate that I could do this but I wonder how we would canvass the wider Bulldogs community?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"