Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers & Anchors, Rnd 1 2020 vs Collingwood

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Cox had 7 hitouts ?????
    English had 11. He must have got them against someone. Does anyone know which player it was?

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers
    Smith tried his guts out for 4 quarters

AND ....

Keath took a few grabs and used it pretty well
    Suckling hit a few targets
    It was very underwhelming to be honest

Anchors

Our midfield was putrid
    Our tackling was putrid
    Our failure to react, to "DO SOMETHING!!" was putrid.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    English had 11. He must have got them against someone. Does anyone know which player it was?
    It could only be against Grundy or Cox
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

1. Ditto Smith. Tried his guts out all night. Imagine when he doesn't have to shoulder the load what he could do.

2. Keathy. Our defense was under the pump all night from lack of midfield pressure and I thought Keath was as good as you would probably hope for in his first game for us.

3. Daniel. I thought he tried to get things going for us as best he could when nothing was going right. He missed a fair chunk of footy last year so it was a fair effort.

Anchors

1. Bontempelli. Your the captain now so play like one. I don't know if the moment got to him or what but it was certainly a game to forget. I can't remember Bont playing too many bad games in a row so he'll be right.

2. Tackling. Oh my god our tackling was terrible. No real intent to actually stick a tackle. Collingwood shrugged tackles with ease. We looked like a team that was playing a dead rubber because we couldn't make finals. IT'S ROUND FRICKEN 1.

3. MC. I am filthy with this. Why do they do this every year? They reward players with no exposed form. Gardener has not looked AFL standard in any game I have seen him play AFL or VFL. How does he get a game? Because he's tall maybe, good bloke, good trainer, who knows. I have no problem with persisting with him but develop him in the VFL until he smashes down the door for a game. No VFL comp, well he doesn't play simple. He has zero tickets in the bank to go on past form like Libba for example. The same goes for Cavarra but I do see the need to blood players for the sake of development. I still would of preferred McLean or Richards ahead of Cav. Anyway they certainly were not the reason we lost that game of footy. We lost because our most senior players didn't show up.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.