Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  15
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment, Rnd 1 2020 vs Collingwood

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    my understanding of that era was ‘grit’ was the important thing. Skilful players were shown the door, and had good careers elsewhere (Brian Wilson). It was a long time ago but that is how I remember it.
    That's paying far more credit to whatever Royce was trying to do. I still don't think he knows what his end game was.

Wilson ran last in a time trial that the players were warned whoever came last was off the list. The speculation is that Wilson said "OK if that means I get to pick the club I go to then giddy up because I certainly don't want to play here" and deliberately ran last.

At one stage Braybrook underage teams had a centreline that included Doug Hawkins and Brian Wilson in it.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment, Rnd 1 2020 vs Collingwood

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That's paying far more credit to whatever Royce was trying to do. I still don't think he knows what his end game was.

Wilson ran last in a time trial that the players were warned whoever came last was off the list. The speculation is that Wilson said "OK if that means I get to pick the club I go to then giddy up because I certainly don't want to play here" and deliberately ran last.

Thanks for the ‘behind the scenes ‘ info.