Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  30
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Suspends games till May

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Not sure how it's going to work since they are giving everyone most of the channels other than movies. You could cancel sport but still have access to it until the end of May.
    True thanks Axe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Different for me.

Been somewhat overwhelmed with life outside sport and struggled to even bear to contemplate, particularly after the disaster we served up in Round 1.
    Hey BJ I hope you're going ok mate.
    "It's over. It's all over."

3. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    What's the traffic been like the past few days? I've noticed I'm on here way more - I used to pick up my phone as a distraction from reality, now it's the other way around - and WOOF is about the only site that doesn't stress me out!
    Just looking at some stats and unfortunately it's still a steep decline each year

During the month of March we started by having about 80 WOOF members logging on each day but the last week of the month we were down to just 60 people logging on and viewing the site. The volume of discussions are still mainly being generated by a small but highly enthusiastic group. Interesting is some people are logging on multiple times during the day (8 to 10 times) but they aren't necessarily contributing to discussions.

If I'm reading this trend correctly, and without footy being played to help generate discussions, it could get very quiet by the end of the month.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Just looking at some stats and unfortunately it's still a steep decline each year

During the month of March we started by having about 80 WOOF members logging on each day but the last week of the month we were down to just 60 people logging on and viewing the site. The volume of discussions are still mainly being generated by a small but highly enthusiastic group. Interesting is some people are logging on multiple times during the day (8 to 10 times) but they aren't necessarily contributing to discussions.

If I'm reading this trend correctly, and without footy being played to help generate discussions, it could get very quiet by the end of the month.
    What's the baseline G for a decent month? Do you have the stats for when things were reasonable when footy was on, but things were not going well on field? Let's say for instance, half way through last year?

I know it's tough mate.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    What's the baseline G for a decent month? Do you have the stats for when things were reasonable when footy was on, but things were not going well on field? Let's say for instance, half way through last year?

I know it's tough mate.
    I'll have another look at it. Normally we have about 120 WOOF members logging on most days during the season but that can be as high as 170. 120 members are still logging on but there are about 40 not logging as regularly. It's a bit moot anyway because typically they're not contributing to discussions except for the odd one from time to time.
    I thought with more people home it might have kicked up a bit but it's perhaps trending the other way
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

According to a medical friend of mine the tsunami of coronavirus cases will hit in June so May is out when we start footy...if we do at all this year.

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

...so who chose that picture?

10. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    A now former graphics designer I'd bet.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like he just saw Neil Balme naked.

Post Thanks / Like

Draft is confirmed for this year.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you see him on C7 news just now? He looked like the Ancient Mariner yelling at people at weddings.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

16. Likes hujsh liked this post