Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  65
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favourite fringe bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Talking about fringe players-I just watched dogs vs lions round 5 2016. Thought Tom Campbell played ok. Always felt he should have been given more chances. Tried his guts out, if he had of kicked straight could have had 3 to 4 goals, instead got 1. Then again North did not play him much in seniors last year with Goldstein still a good ruck. Hope he has more chances with North when games start this, or looking more likely, next year. Still got a soft spot for Big Soup. His second efforts for a big bloke were pretty good. Did not fit the mobile big man mantra we like.

Is it coincidence that Bevo seems to have a bit of a track record of rucks falling out of favour; Minson, Campbell, Roughy and Trengove?
    I’m surprised TC didn’t make it as a player
    Seemed to have all the tools , but only showed glimpses here and there .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone on here has ever seen the website Sporcle? I came across it via a new Twitter account called @AFLquizzes, which links to a bunch of football related quizzes. I then searched 'western bulldogs' to see if there were other Bulldog-related, and there were a few I liked.

Here's an example - name every player that played a game for the Bulldogs between 2000-2009. I got 66/88 which I was disappointed with. Link
    Big fan of sporcle. Great timekiller. I usually go alright on those ones. The post 2010 one i usually get within 5 players of finishing, pre 2010 a bit harder. Other teams is much more difficult, if i can get past 50% I'm very happy.

Just did the 2000 one. Got 82 and all the ones i missed were gettable, including at least one first round draft pick.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

3. Likes jazzadogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Peter Street, still our favourite cult hero. Invited him to my 21st & we still refer to where we sit as the Peter Street Pocket.
    Trent Bartlett. We have a first goal kicker competition named after him.
    I named a guinea pig after Wayde Skipper.

Spindleshanks, Tiller, Barlow make my list too.

Post Thanks / Like

If Paddy Vez can still make it Stephen Tiller is a shoe in. 192cm of pure flanker, prime cut.

I saw Christian Howard gather 25 touches in a game and use it well. I decided to give up fringe players after he shat the bed every game after that moment in time.

Shall never be deceived again.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Peter Street, still our favourite cult hero. Invited him to my 21st & we still refer to where we sit as the Peter Street Pocket.
    Trent Bartlett. We have a first goal kicker competition named after him.
    I named a guinea pig after Wayde Skipper.

Spindleshanks, Tiller, Barlow make my list too.
    Good god, the 2000s were a gold mine for Bulldogs fringe types.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ll never stop loving Koby Stevens. Nobody can stop me.

8. Likes Mofra liked this post