• WAit for the Club Options and then decide

4 13.79%
  • I need the funds - ask for my money back

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL clubs hope to have membership options within a fortnight

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I think there is some legal issues at play with direct debits and many gyms have been forced to suspend payments whether they really wanted to or not.
    My Bulldogs memberships are direct debits and they haven't stopped?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    My Bulldogs memberships are direct debits and they haven't stopped?
    The banks/direct debit companies may have different rules/arrangements with organisations such as AFL clubs.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Are Golf Club players asking for their membership back, or Gym members, tennis club members, racing clubs, MCC members etc etc.

Just asking?

The RACV Club has said memberships will be suspended and the months added on to the renewal date.

I think clubs need to give something back to those that stick with the club. If someone needs the funds, then so be it, there should be no hesitation by the club.
    My club hasn't mentioned anything about refunds, but the course has been closed this week and services peeled back a little from a couple of weeks ago.

I'm sure if I went to the club and suggested that due to hardship I wanted my April subs, which are the last for the financial year, refunded they would probably do it...….

For golf clubs it's a really tricky one, if members stop paying or receive refunds then funds dry up and maintenance crews can't maintain the course and it's a downward spiral from there. Not only does the club expose itself to losing staff, but has to then spend additional funds in getting the course back into good condition which is much harder than you might think.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    My club hasn't mentioned anything about refunds, but the course has been closed this week and services peeled back a little from a couple of weeks ago.

I'm sure if I went to the club and suggested that due to hardship I wanted my April subs, which are the last for the financial year, refunded they would probably do it...….

For golf clubs it's a really tricky one, if members stop paying or receive refunds then funds dry up and maintenance crews can't maintain the course and it's a downward spiral from there. Not only does the club expose itself to losing staff, but has to then spend additional funds in getting the course back into good condition which is much harder than you might think.
    They just need to ask for help. Larry David (Curb, Seinfeld) started a GoFundMe four days ago hoping to raise $150,000 for regional golf caddies doing it hard. He's already raised $133,000 in four days.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/riviera-caddy-fund

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    They just need to ask for help. Larry David (Curb, Seinfeld) started a GoFundMe four days ago hoping to raise $150,000 for regional golf caddies doing it hard. He's already raised $133,000 in four days.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/riviera-caddy-fund
    I'm not sure there's going to be too much sympathy or many GFM pages set up for the private sandbelt courses BT!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.