Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  47
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Memorable Bulldog Moments by Individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Jarrad Grant catches a body:

My takeaway from this is that Tom Campbell might still make it with us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    My takeaway from this is that Tom Campbell might still make it with us.
    Looked good didn't he.

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Jarrad Grant had talent oozing out of him, just must be a massive space cadet.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Jarrad Grant had talent oozing out of him, just must be a massive space cadet.
    I think he got stuffed around by Macca. Grant was a forward goal sneak, but Macca tried to use him elsewhere which didn't work.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I seem to recall a player being knocked out and that seemed to be the catalyst for a vastly improved focus after half time.
    Libba led, and many others followed. Didn't we kick 7 goals in the last quarter?
    Wasn't that Ablett snr running through Rohan Smith? Smithy was playing half back and Ablett came running out from full forward and pole axed him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Wasn't that Ablett snr running through Rohan Smith? Smithy was playing half back and Ablett came running out from full forward and pole axed him.
    That was at the Western Oval. Kretiuk was playing on Ablett Snr and had him under control.
    Ablett got frustrated and whacked one of our guys and Kretiuk got in his face and said something along the lines of "I thought you were supposed to be a tough player but that was just weak as" (I've cleaned it up a bit)
    3 or 4 minutes later Ablett lined up Smith and knocked him out.
    A brouhaha followed and when it cleared Ablett and Kretiuk were running back to the goal square where the normally quiet Ablett said "Tough enough for you?" Kritter clearly got the message decided to shut up for the rest of the game to protect his team mates.

I heard Kretiuk being interviewed after the game and that was his account of what happened

Do I get a bonus point for using "brouhaha" I'm going to try and use hullabaloo soon
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

That was at the Western Oval. Kretiuk was playing on Ablett Snr and had him under control.
    Ablett got frustrated and whacked one of our guys and Kretiuk got in his face and said something along the lines of "I thought you were supposed to be a tough player but that was just weak as" (I've cleaned it up a bit)
    A brouhaha followed and when it cleared Ablett and Kretiuk were running back to the goal square where the normally quiet Ablett said "Tough enough for you?" Kritter clearly got the message decided to shut up for the rest of the game to protect his team mates.

I heard Kretiuk being interviewed after the game and that was his account of what happened

Do I get a bonus point for using "brouhaha" I'm going to try and use hullabaloo soon
    Fantastic memory G. Better than mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Loved Kretiuk!
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

9. Likes azabob, anfo27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember the final in '94 or '95 when Ablett really took Kritter to the cleaners in the first quarter? Ablett kicked 4 or 5 in a devastating burst. I asked Kretiuk about it one day and he said "First contest and as I reach for the ball Ablett throws his hand as hard as he could at my face and the hard bit at the bottom of his hand caught me in the eye socket and pushed the eyeball right up into my head. I couldn't see a thing but there was no way I was going to let him know that"

How. *!*!*!*!ing. Tough?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Loved Kretiuk!
    I saw Kretiuk the week between when Wheeler got the sack and Joyce took over and we were chatting and I said hopefully you and Croft can remain fit for the rest of the year. He then said not going to happen - Joyce went old school and made everyone get out on the track regardless of fitness and Croft tore his hammy.

I think Kretiuk was totally shocked someone recognised him in the middle of the cbd.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

14. Likes bornadog, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Barry was fantastic for us and he loved playing at the club he grew up following. Would have been handy in 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I love how Chris Grant takes approximately 50% of all these marks.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

17. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

19. Likes bornadog, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The 6:10 mark of this clip though it deserved more than clumsy editing. That game made me realise we were building something real.

BORDERLINE FLYING