Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  47
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Memorable Bulldog Moments by Individuals.

And frankly stunned this wasn't the first thing posted.

BORDERLINE FLYING

2. Likes josie, Sedat, Mofra, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    And frankly stunned this wasn't the first thing posted.

I think that's beyond needing mentioning.

Might just watch it a few more times since you've posted it.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

1. Bont goal in prelim
    2. Morris tackle/Boyd goal

DAYLIGHT
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Johnson's long soccer goal was unexpected and lifted the crowd
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    The 6:10 mark of this clip though it deserved more than clumsy editing. That game made me realise we were building something real.

I miss that drive Bob used to give us off half back. The way he would wind around the back of the pack dodging and weaving with the ball in his hands and his head held level looking for a target across half forward
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

7. Likes Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    1. Bont goal in prelim
    2. Morris tackle/Boyd goal

DAYLIGHT
    Keithy Boyd's kick in mid air at half back that went to JJ who just took off and then poked it just in front of the Bont who put us in front in the 2016 prelim.

Post Thanks / Like

And it's not a bulldog individual but a big shout out to the umpire who decided to call play on when Scully should have gotten a 50 metre penalty in time in the last quarter on in the 2016 prelim when jj (I think it was him) ran through the protected zone.

I'll never forget seeing the red, white and blue jumper run into the shot. I closed my eyes and thought "It's over. It's all over" but never heard the whistle I was expecting and when I reopened my eyes the ball was back in play. There is a god afterall.

Post Thanks / Like

This is worth a huge mention, helping us to overcome our Achilles' Heel, clearing the way to our PS.

It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

11. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by choconmientay View Post
    This is worth a huge mention, helping us to overcome our Achilles' Heel, clearing the way to our PS.

Love it choc.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Macrae goal in the final term of that PF was a huge moment.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Griffen against St Kilda 2008. From 1 minute 15 seconds in this video:

I love him but still hate him. I think he's weak at times but he also captained our club and couldn't have been weak to do so. Irrespective of his bull nature once he became a central midfielder for us, he should have been left on the outside because the responsibility to drive the engine room and be the man was too much for him. Plus we lost a lot on the outside when he did.

Not many players in the history of the game could do what was asked of him. He certainly couldn't and he and us should have known that before we asked him to.

After 2016 I'm happy to look back on him now and know that he should have been a silk player, not an inside bull, and someone we should have used to complement the club's leaders rather than leading the club itself.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

15. Likes bornadog, Mofra, jazzadogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

I love him but still hate him. I think he's weak at times but he also captained our club and couldn't have been weak to do so. Irrespective of his bull nature once he became a central midfielder for us, he should have been left on the outside because the responsibility to drive the engine room and be the man was too much for him. Plus we lost a lot on the outside when he did.

Not many players in the history of the game could do what was asked of him. He certainly couldn't and he and us should have known that before we asked him to.

After 2016 I'm happy to look back on him now and know that he should have been a silk player, not an inside bull, and someone we should have used to complement the club's leaders rather than leading the club itself.
    Hard to think of a Bulldogs player that was so good for us on field for so long, that completely ruined his legacy with one off field decision.

When I hear the name Ryan Griffen, I can hardly remember his playing achievements now. All that remains is October 2014.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Summed it up beautifully Jeemak, I feel the same as you.

Griffen was a thumping kick, had strength, speed, able to duck and weave and one of our best performers in finals. He had everything you wanted in a midfielder. Should never had been captain and was stuffed around by Macca.

I was disappointed in how he left, but that is history now and slowly I am coming back to remembering his football days.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll always remember his efforts in a final against Sydney, virtually on one leg. He single handed got us over the line.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Can't find a video of BTC's tap to Gia who kicked the goal without the ball bouncing.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers