Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
Pretty much disagree with all of this.

Sweet was OK but was well beaten by Goldstein, did about as well as I would expect English to do but without the upside.

I can't see English being anything more than a passable forward. What champion key forwards in the history of the game have similar physical attributed to English? I can't think of any. On the other hand, I and most pundits believe he has every chance of becoming one of the top ruckmen in the next few years. Unfortunately he may miss out on a year of development this year which will require us to have even more patience going forward.

I'm not completely against Naughton going back, but he has the potential to be the best key forward in the game so I would be very hesitant to make that move on a permanent basis. Keath is an excellent intercept player and if we don't have a dour stopper that's up to standard on our list then we should recruit one, they aren't the hardest players to find.
I agree with all of this.

English can and should be a very good ruck, even his timidness should not be an issue in a few years. By biggest query on him is that he is not a natural hitout guy, so I doubt he ever truly becomes an above average tap out ruck, but his around the ground work should more than make up for that.

Naughton stays forward, as said above he could be the best in the game. If we need a lock down defender then the past has proven that they don't need to be amazing. They can be found with late draft picks and rookie spots, dominant key forwards cannot.