Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  24

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

My favourite Bulldog for each jumper number #

My personal favourite player to pull on each jumper number (starting with #1 to #20 others numbers to follow)

#1 Andrew Purser - Only played five seasons but had a massive impact. A childhood hero and a key member of that 1985 team.

#2 Robert Murphy - Nearly impossible to go past Bob. But I did love Steven Kolyniuk and will never forget that goal at the MCG to beat the Pies "Will he take Wright on, yes he does, I thought he would"

#3 Chris Grant - No more needs to be said. The best player I have ever seen in Bulldog colours. If he decided to leave it also could have been the end of our beloved club.

#4 Marcus Bontempelli - My loves grows fonder every year. Apologies to Cross who brought so much joy over the years and was as courageous as any Bulldog I have ever seen.

#5 Matthew Boyd - Hard choice. Loved Bubba too. But loved the determination and how Boyd got every last inch out of his God given natural talent.

#6 Brad Johnson - Captain. 355 games. 551 goals. Hard to believe he kicked 74 goals in a season. So lucky to see his entire career. Shoutout to Dalhaus who I just loved watching in his first few years.

#7 Doug Hawkins - Tough choice for the #7. Loved Scott West too. But Hawkins was my childhood hero (grew up with the #7 on my back) and was a key reason I fell in love with the game.

#8 Rick Kennedy - Another childhood hero. Tough as nails. Apologies to Southern who was such a fan favourite.

#9 Lindsay Gilbee - What a kick. It was a thing of beauty to watch. Also loved Paul Hudson's 100 odd games too. Such a reliable kick and always knew where the goals were.

#10 Easton Wood - Premiership Captain. Enough said. Shout out to another childhood hero, Mick Egan.

#11 Tony McGuiness - Apologies to Jack Macrae. But I just loved watching McGuiness and cried when he left to go to Adelaide. Such a penetrating kick for a little man.

#12 Greg Eppelstun - Loved the mullet and believe it or not he played for Victoria.

#13 Daniel Giansiracusa - Easy choice. No one else has even played more than 50 games in this jumper.

#14 Clay Smith - Apologies to Luke Darcy. Too young to see Shultz or Round. Will never forget the courage, tenacity and month of football he played in September 2016. Bulldog immortal.

#15 Scott Wynd - Another childhood hero. Loved watching him floating across half back taking mark after mark. Apologies to the bearded one Ben Hudson who was also a favourite of mine in the Eade era.

#16 Matthew Croft - The boy from Mildura always got the toughest assignment in an era that included the likes of Ablett, Dunstall, Lockett, Lloyd and Modra.

#17 Adam Cooney - Just loved him when he was at his peak. Could have been anything if it wasn't for his knee.

#18 Simon Beasley - Tough choice. Loved Leon Cameron too. Another childhood hero. Nearly went to every game in 1985 including the semi-final against North Melbourne at the MCG when he kicked the ton. So many beautiful memories of the pieman.

#19 Luke Beveridge - Slim pickings in the modern era for this number. But it has to be the man who led us to the promised land.

#20 Jim Edmond - Another childhood era. That team was never the same after he left.
    Last edited by angelopetraglia; 06-04-2020 at 09:44 PM.

2. Likes bornadog, GVGjr, Twodogs, Mofra, Eastdog liked this post