Angelopetragia's thread about the favourite player of each guernsey number got me thinking...and apologies if this has been done before...but what is the most famed and coveted guernsey number at the Bulldogs?

The four standouts are quite obvious to me - #3, #4, #6 & #7 - and you could possibly make a case for 5 & 2.

#3 -
EJ. "Mr Football". Our most famous player. Premiership player, captain, coach, giant of state footy.
Chris Grant - arguably the best modern day player we had, and him staying at the club had a big say in our future.
Two huge names in our history, some others have worn the #3 well. - but probably the only two big stars in the #3.

#4 -
An emerging famous Bulldog number with the Bont on the trajectory to join the very best ever to wear the red, white and blue. Already 3 x B&F, premiership player and captain.
Other very notables, Norm Ware (Only ever captain/coach to be Brownlow medalist), Brad Hardie (short stint, but a brownlow), Daniel Cross (200+ games).

#6 -
Charlie Sutton, our first premiership captain, and 'Mr Footscray' - embodiment of the history and spirit of the club. Brad Johnson, most ever games as a bulldogs, multiple club champion & goal kicker - one of the very best we've had. Other very notables include Dahlhaus, Georgie Bisset (who I'm told was an absolute star and should have won a brownlow) and for diferent reasons, Neil Sasche, who wore #6 in his tragic 2 game career.

#7 -
Dougie Hawkins, hero of the west and favourite son. Games record holder until Grant and Johnson went past him, B&F winner and star. Scott West - most B&F's for the club, and perennial brownlow place getter. Other notables include Alby Morrison (team of the century), and Lachie Hunter (B&F winner, premiership player).

#5 -
Matt Boyd (multiple B&F's & premiership player), Rohan Smith (300 games, 2 time AA, EJ Whitten medalist), Peter Box (premiership '54, B&F '55, Brownlow '56....must have been a fair player!).

Jack Collins (multiple B&F's, goal kicking (5), Coleman, Premiership...and held the record for most goals in a GF for 30 years). Bob Murphy - (AA captain, premiership captain (technically), heart & soul and voice of the club through its best modern day period.). Bernie Quinlan...more famous as a fitzroy player - but played 177 with us, 179 with them...and by all reports a star at both).