• VFL quality

1 16.67%
  • Delist

4 66.67%
  • Needs more time

1 16.67%
    Post Thanks / Like

Rating our list 2020

I thought with the delay of the football it's time to assess our list so I hope I've started this in the right way.
    We can evaluate each player on our list starting with the highest number Lin Jong down to Matthew Suckling.
    The poll will run for a week and when your post in the poll if you can give a reason on your thoughts so we can share your insights.
    At the end we'll see how our list looks in the eyes of WOOF members.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rating our list 2020

A few stats:
    Height: 197cm
    Weight: 93Kg
    Games:2

Ryan Gardner arrived at the Kennel with pick six overall in the 2019 NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft, in what was a whirlwind year for the Tasmanian. A Footscray-listed player at the start of the season, after being added to the senior list mid-season, he made his AFL debut the following week in Round 11 against West Coast at Optus Stadium. Gardner had two games at senior level after impressive form in the VFL in first half of the year. But a knee injury largely kept him out of action in the second half of the season. Gardner previously spent three years on Geelong’s list without playing an AFL game, after being drafted with pick 59 in the 2015 NAB AFL Draft. He was a durable performer for the Cats at VFL level, playing 52 games between 2016 and 2018. Gardner re-signed for 2020 at the end of the season 2019.

LINK
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

I know the big guys take longer to mature, but I just don't see anything in Ryan. I was flabbergasted when he was a), picked up in the mid season draft, and b) picked to play round 1.

His skill levels are poor eg, twice he kicked the ball direct to Colingwood players when he had all the time in the world. He doesn't seem to have a body with any strength: I just don't see what he brings to the table.

I voted Delist
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I voted delist. I really don't see the attraction.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite