Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Players you really, really hate.

Just talking to my son and Jack Ziebull pops up on the TV. I happened to say that he is the player in the AFL that I hate more than any other because he is a cowardly thug who hits other players from behind and its' a miracle that he hasn't killed anyone yet and it's a bigger miracle that he gets to walk off the field under his own steam every game he plays.

If he was on the opposition team I'd consider it my duty to take him out at the first bounce before he had the chance to injure any of my teammates. I'd do it front on because only cowards (like Ziebull) attack other players from behind. And then while he was laying on the ground with his nerve endings twitching I'd lean right down into his face, ask how he enjoyed it and if he'd like another?

Then I'd tell him that was for Travis Cloke and I have a list of players you have attacked and I am going to keep knocking you over until I get to the end of it. Unless of course you retire here and now.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

2. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Players you really, really hate.

Ziebell is worth some hate mail.

For me it is Toby “Thug” Greene by a fair way then Jeremy “Snide Face” Cameron and Lachlan “Hide from ASADA” Whitfield second place dead heat. Not a fan of Patton either but at least he is no longer playing for Great Waste of Space. Anyone who plays for Great Waste Space automatically merits demerit points really. But these 3 standout for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Ziebell is worth some hate mail.

For me it is Toby “Thug” Greene by a fair way then Jeremy “Snide Face” Cameron and Lachlan “Hide from ASADA” Whitfield second place dead heat. Not a fan of Patton either but at least he is no longer playing for Great Waste of Space. Anyone who plays for Great Waste Space automatically merits demerit points really. But these 3 standout for me.
    No Callan Ward? He's the one who really spat in everyone's face. There was a reason his mum wouldn't speak to him for a couple of years after he left the club. The premiership helped to repair the relationship.

5. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    No Callan Ward? He's the one who really spat in everyone's face. There was a reason his mum wouldn't speak to him for a couple of years after he left the club. The premiership helped to repair the relationship.
    He turned 30 today
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

This bloke I can't stand, like Josie

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He turned 30 today
    Did he?

Oh well, Happy *!*!*!*!ing birthday then ya little %$*^$ Callan.

I've mentioned this before but when he was drafted I saw a picture of him and his family. I knew that he was the nephew of one of the kids that we went to school with and his mum looked really familiar. I mentioned to one of my old school friends about it and he said "do you remember Ramon Gunn's (kid at school-he was eligible F/S for South Melbourne as were a lot of kids at Footscray High believe it or not! We'd have lunchtime footy matches with teams of kids who's dad's played for South and the rest of us-Spotswood was in South's recruiting area for some reason) annoying little sister? That's her"

You are getting old when the players your club are recruiting are young enough to be your son. You are getting REALLY old when it's the younger sister of your schoolmates kid's are getting recruited.

Post Thanks / Like

Ziebell should be deregistered. Adds nothing to the product and is a risk to everyone he shares the field with.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Ziebell should be deregistered. Adds nothing to the product and is a risk to everyone he shares the field with.
    Yep. He's a clear and present danger.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    But this is the beautiful part about the basicness of people still involved in the game within the media and in clubland as well. They actually like players like Ziebell and Green, to the extent they are apologists for their poor behaviour and thuggish weak as piss natures.

It's one of the confounding things within the game.

Anyway, Green for me. He actually does know what he's doing when he does what he does to players - the prime example being what he did to Dahlhaus with the kick to the face. The media pundits excusing the act because he was also looking at the ball was beyond the pale, he is calculated in his attempts at being a scum bag and he takes the opportunity to do it when he can. He also only goes for players in vulnerable positions (Bont, Dahl, Daniel) and I will be happy never to see him win a flag.

He's also a gun and I really love how he plays the rest of the time.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

12. Likes bornadog, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    But this is the beautiful part about the basicness of people still involved in the game within the media and in clubland as well. They actually like players like Ziebell and Green, to the extent they are apologists for their poor behaviour and thuggish weak as piss natures.

It's one of the confounding things within the game.

Anyway, Green for me. He actually does know what he's doing when he does what he does to players - the prime example being what he did to Dahlhaus with the kick to the face. The media pundits excusing the act because he was also looking at the ball was beyond the pale, he is calculated in his attempts at being a scum bag and he takes the opportunity to do it when he can. He also only goes for players in vulnerable positions (Bont, Dahl, Daniel) and I will be happy never to see him win a flag.

He's also a gun and I really love how he plays the rest of the time.
    I really, really hate a coward and Ziebull is one of the biggest cowardly thugs playing the game ATM. Cowards attack other players from behind and take them out when they are unprepared. At least when somebody goes you from in front you have a chance to brace yourself for the impact. Ziebull gives his opponents no such chance because he is a craven coward who is scared of copping it back so he just picks other payers out.

If he were my teammate I'd be telling him to make sure that he brings his mouthguard to training because I don't like cowards and I don't trust him not to do to me what he does to his opponents.

Post Thanks / Like

It's Harry Taylor for me.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

15. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Greene and a million miles of daylight

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's Harry Taylor for me.
    Oh yeah. Good one-I'd forgotten how despicable he is.

Post Thanks / Like

Danger.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

19. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Danger.
    This prick and the way he rolls like it's his sandbox, he's just lettin' you play in it.

Coupled with the entitled umpire stooging that seems to be a distinctly Geelong trait.

I can't wait for the year he goes on one season too long. Because you damn well know he will.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

21. Likes Dry Rot liked this post