Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  16
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just a reminder why Naughton should stay Forward

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Pretty sure Piggy didn't win a Brownlow. Did come second a couple of times though.
    You're right. His best placing was 3rd. I always thought that he finished level with someone one year. Put's Lindsay (KT's nickname, I don't know why but we just decided one day that he looked like somebody who would be called Lindsay and it stuck) in even more elite company.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Naughton has a bit of the "Royce Harts" about him. His ability to glide across the pack and mark the ball is breath taking similar. Key forwards are very hard to fine. Royce never played in the backline. Neither should Naughty start there....unless he is moved there during a game.

Post Thanks / Like

fevnaut.jpg

Who's this with Fev?

4. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Naughton has a bit of the "Royce Harts" about him. His ability to glide across the pack and mark the ball is breath taking similar. Key forwards are very hard to fine. Royce never played in the backline. Neither should Naughty start there....unless he is moved there during a game.
    I hate Richmond with a passion but Royce Hart is my favorite footballer by the length of the Flemington straight.

Not long after he took over as coach he was running laps of the ground and I was playing kick to kick with my mates. Just as he turned to face us I took the biggest speccy I have ever taken. I jumped on my mates shoulders and then he stood and I got the best secondary ride I ever got. When I caught the ball I must have been eight (8) foot of the ground-I can remember looking down and thinking "Okay genius, what are you going to do now?" and the ground rushing up at me.

So I am laying on the ground-maybe I passed out but the next thing I know Royce Hart (Yes ROYCE *!*!*!*!ING HART) is offering me ME! his hand to help me up off the ground. I reached for that hand like a mother*!*!*!*!er and as he helped me up he said "that's the best mark I have ever seen anyone take."

I walked on air all the way home and I must have been unbearably conceited because my mum called me on it."Who's been pumping your tires up son" So I told her about the mark and what Royce Hart had said and she said "You rate that Royce Hart, don't you?" and that was it, it was never mentioned again.

6. Likes MrMahatma, Bulldog4life liked this post