Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  23
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

1997 West Coast @ Whitten Oval

Found it on youtube. I have never seen the whole match replayed.

There are some big hits!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

2. Thanks Bulldog4life, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1997 west coast @ Whitten Oval

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Found it on youtube. I have never seen the whole match replayed.

There are some big hits!
    Oh my lord, what a find.

Sterling work TD.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

How good was Leon Cameron? His footskills compare well to modern day players. I know we rave about Gilbee's foot cannon and Suckkers left foot, but Leon Cameron is up there with them.

5. Likes Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    How good was Leon Cameron? His footskills compare well to modern day players. I know we rave about Gilbee's foot cannon and Suckkers left foot, but Leon Cameron is up there with them.
    Was better on the run than both of them.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Christ it was cold that day - my old man ended up in hospital a few days later (he was fine)

I remember drinking Fosters Extra behind the Geelong Rd goals - probably the last day it was ever sold.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Christ it was cold that day - my old man ended up in hospital a few days later (he was fine)

I remember drinking Fosters Extra behind the Geelong Rd goals - probably the last day it was ever sold.
    There is a bloke at my local footy club who loves his Fosters, we stock a small supply just for him.

Post Thanks / Like

No worries. Go to the footy and nearly die-it's not a biggie!

Lay your life down for the team.

We were *!*!*!*!ing insane.

Post Thanks / Like

No worries. Go to the footy and nearly die-it's not a biggie!

Lay your life down for the team.

We were *!*!*!*!ing insane.
    I went and watched the intra club the other month sitting in almost the same spot on that hill where we used to stand (grass a bit more comfortable to sit on then the tiered stones where to stand on) and I thought back to that day (and all other games out there - we always stood at the same railing about 10 metres in front of the scoreboard) It was a pretty warm morning in the end, and I remember some pretty cold days at VFL park and Western Oval as a kid - and that West Coast game I reckon was the coldest I've been at the footy.

Only been to one Ballarat game (round 23 last year) and I was pretty nervous getting out of the car and feeling the wind. Ended up a nice enough day though.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

I went and watched the intra club the other month sitting in almost the same spot on that hill where we used to stand (grass a bit more comfortable to sit on then the tiered stones where to stand on) and I thought back to that day (and all other games out there - we always stood at the same railing about 10 metres in front of the scoreboard) It was a pretty warm morning in the end, and I remember some pretty cold days at VFL park and Western Oval as a kid - and that West Coast game I reckon was the coldest I've been at the footy.

Only been to one Ballarat game (round 23 last year) and I was pretty nervous getting out of the car and feeling the wind. Ended up a nice enough day though.

There was a game against Collingwood at VFL park when Alan Stoneham kicks the winner deep in time on in the 1970s. It was wet and cold and we stayed wet and cold all the way back to Footscray, just simply the worst day weather wise ever.

Post Thanks / Like

There was a game against Collingwood at VFL park when Alan Stoneham kicks the winner deep in time on in the 1970s. It was wet and cold and we stayed wet and cold all the way back to Footscray, just simply the worst day weather wise ever.
    No heater in the car?

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. One of the colder days I've experienced at the footy. Cold enough for a hip flask tucked inside the driz-a-bone that day. The only time I've felt the need to smuggle a drink into the footy, up until the first game we played in Ballarat. Which was a good thing too, considering they ran out of beer at 3 quarter time that day.

The last game at WO was memorable for a lot of reasons, mostly seeing the ols supporters wh had been standing in the same spot for years. My old man started taking me when I was 5, and we would stand on the HF Flank at the Drill Hall end. As I grew older and thirstier, I made my way down to in front of the scoreboard where the bar was bigger and I had to walk back that way anyway to get to the station. To go back to the HF Flank and see all of those supporters that I hadn't seen for a while was a special day, topped off by an old fashioned Doggies win.

Great times.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

14. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Always regret missing this game. I was 14 at the time and in year 9 and got the (proper) flu which knocked me around for nearly 2 weeks and this game fell right in the middle of it.

The club released a dvd pack of 6 classic bulldogs games a few years back, so I've got this match on dvd. The 6 matches were;
    97 v West Coast
    85' 1st semi v North (Beasley 100 goals, Hawkins says best game he's played, Royal 20+ possession and 5 goals.)
    97 qualifying final v swans
    06' final v Pies
    2000 H&A game v Essendon
    2015 v Swans at SCG ("mark this day down bulldog fans")

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely freezing that day. Great memories of standing on the Doug Hawkins wing.

Post Thanks / Like

How good was Chris Grant thanks TD
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't there. Was in Bonnie Doon on Aberfeldie U12s end of season footy trip. Still reeling. Why my parents didn't explain the silliness of my decision to give the footy a miss that weekend.