Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  23
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1997 West Coast @ Whitten Oval

Quote Originally Posted by I’m Not Bitter Anymore! View Post
    After the game I picked some grass from the Hawkins wing and put it in a container which is still in my freezer
    Love it!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Love it!
    I grabbed a piece of Rock from where I was standing at the back of the Pocket between the EJ Whitten Stand and the Barkly Street goals, directly under the Farnbach Burnham Real Estate sign!

Was eyeing off one of the posts to take home (800 metres away) as a momento. (Read some Saints fan was able to accomplish this after the last game at Moorabbin). Has two other mates but this was not realistic I soon found out.

3. Likes Eastdog, I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I'm waiting for an epic Twodogs story where he somehow souvenired the scoreboard, the Doug Hawkins wing sign and David Smorgon's car.

5. Likes Eastdog, WBFC4FFC, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Now I'm waiting for an epic Twodogs story where he somehow souvenired the scoreboard, the Doug Hawkins wing sign and David Smorgon's car.
    We know that the Coaches box on the outer went to someone else so that narrows things just a bit

You do know you've now thrown down the gauntlet to him?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

7. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WBFC4FFC View Post
    I grabbed a piece of Rock from where I was standing at the back of the Pocket between the EJ Whitten Stand and the Barkly Street goals, directly under the Farnbach Burnham Real Estate sign!

Was eyeing off one of the posts to take home (800 metres away) as a momento. (Read some Saints fan was able to accomplish this after the last game at Moorabbin). Has two other mates but this was not realistic I soon found out.
    The spot I can picture you were standing at is where the Mission Elite training centre is today The few times I have been to the WO I just love sitting up in the Whitten Stand. When we played the Demons there in 2017 I was standing on the Gordon St side of the ground - Doug Hawkins wing. I believe that is where the EJ Smith stand used to be. When I went along for the GF training session I was in the John Gent stand.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

9. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The spot I can picture you were standing at is where the Mission Elite training centre is today The few times I have been to the WO I just love sitting up in the Whitten Stand. When we played the Demons there in 2017 I was standing on the Gordon St side of the ground - Doug Hawkins wing. I believe that is where the EJ Smith stand used to be. When I went along for the GF training session I was in the John Gent stand.
    Yep. That is the spot, having lived in Footscray it was the closest gate to get into.

The EJ Smith stand was frequented on the wet days, if I could get a spot to stand. That last game was wet and packed. I did not bother to go to the Gordon St wing as a result.

11. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WBFC4FFC View Post
    Yep. That is the spot, having lived in Footscray it was the closest gate to get into.

The EJ Smith stand was frequented on the wet days, if I could get a spot to stand. That last game was wet and packed. I did not bother to go to the Gordon St wing as a result.
    Haven’t yet driven to the WO myself only ever taken the train there from out in the eastern suburbs. Great that West Footscray station is right on the doorstep of the ground. My wish is to play some AFL games there for premiership points in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven’t yet driven to the WO myself only ever taken the train there from out in the eastern suburbs. Great that West Footscray station is right on the doorstep of the ground. My wish is to play some AFL games there for premiership points in the future.
    I didn't know that you were that good Easty.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Smorgo was not happy. I warned him but he said "I'm staying for one more drink!"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1997 west coast @ Whitten Oval

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    No heater in the car?
    Public transport back in those days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I didn't know that you were that good Easty.
    How do you mean TD?

Post Thanks / Like

How do you mean TD?
    You are going to play AFL footy at Whitten oval? I mean it's good to have an ambition and everything but we don't actually play AFL games at Whitten oval anymore so I can't help but think that you are going to be disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    You are going to play AFL footy at Whitten oval? I mean it's good to have an ambition and everything but we don't actually play AFL games at Whitten oval anymore so I can't help but think that you are going to be disappointed.
    It is what it is and I’m very used to Marvel Stadium and love my reserve seats.

19. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is what it is and I’m very used to Marvel Stadium and love my reserve seats.
    Whoosh!

This is peak Easty.

Post Thanks / Like

Whoosh!

This is peak Easty.
    Easty didn't get TD's joke.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.