Thanks Thanks:  43
Likes Likes:  213
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lachie Hunter charged with Drink Driving

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I tried to make sense of this last night. I think I have my head around it but more learned woofers may able to translate the legalese better than I.

https://www.trafficlawyermelbourne.c...l-breath-491f/ Road Safety Act 49(1)f which is here https://www.legislation.vic.gov.au/i...y-act-1986/201
    Lets say I am invited to a dinner party, drink a whole lot of wine, then decide to Uber home and some how I am breath tested within 3 hours am I then guilty?

If Lachie is guilty in this instance, he should say so and take it on the chin.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't see how Bailey Smith did much wrong legally or morally. Sorry I haven't read all posts, I am squeemish when it comes to negative opinions. I assume Lachie did nothing legally wrong in leaving the scene as noone was injured and he accepted responsibility by leaving his details, possibly at the suggestion of Bailey, his angel of mercy. How incredibly synchronistic is it that one of the cars was randomly 'related' to Bailey and he was there? That the teenager then helped sort things although he is not a friend of Lachie's, contacting the club and driving Lachie to his friend's given Lachie had conflict at home is faultless.

3. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Shades of Tiger Woods and me with Hunter. The only time I was over the limit was when I was at home drinking, my ex came home in a protractedly foul mood and I had to get out, random breath test, cursedly just over, 0.6.
    Lachie however must have been blotto or heavily distracted to side swipe several cars and as such was very dangerous.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but I’ve had an accident , left details and then gone home, no police involved.. is that illegal now ?
    Do you have to stay at the accident and how bad does the accident have to be ?
    Who called the police and got them involved ?
    I’m confused.
    At what stage are the police to be involved ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Sorry but I’ve had an accident , left details and then gone home, no police involved.. is that illegal now ?
    Do you have to stay at the accident and how bad does the accident have to be ?
    Who called the police and got them involved ?
    I’m confused.
    At what stage are the police to be involved ?
    It was the partner of the owner of one of the vehicles he crashed into who called the cops. I think it was the owner of a food van that said he was visiting his girlfriend who lived in the units and it was the girlfriend of the van owner who rang the cops.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

According to the CH7 news, Smith has received the fine of $1652 and Gowers has received a warning

It seems like the club is still investigating this and I think that is a sensible approach. We will hear from them when they have all the facts
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

8. Likes bulldogtragic, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    According to the CH7 news, Smith has received the fine of $1652 and Gowers has received a warning

It seems like the club is still investigating this and I think that is a sensible approach. We will hear from them when they have all the facts
    Seems the logical outcome. Although Lachie better cough up the $1,652 to Bailey.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Shades of Tiger Woods and me with Hunter. The only time I was over the limit was when I was at home drinking, my ex came home in a protractedly foul mood and I had to get out, random breath test, cursedly just over, 0.6.
    Lachie however must have been blotto or heavily distracted to side swipe several cars and as such was very dangerous.
    BIDS, There could be a combination of factors here not just being alcohol impaired and I wouldn't rule out being distracted as a contributing factor.

In this very unique time confronting all of us I just hope that given what he has experienced he has the support of his family, friends and the club because he will need it.

Cars can be repaired, fines can be paid and any sanctions imposed served but I suspect he is doing it very tough at the moment.
    It's a hell of a lesson to learn but as I have said a few times at least no one has been injured.

11. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did Gowers actually do wrong ?
    Bring back the biff

13. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Seems the logical outcome. Although Lachie better cough up the $1,652 to Bailey.
    BT, I get the sentiment behind that but I can put my hand on my heart here and say at the same age as Smith I wouldn't have driven Hunter away given the carnage. There is a lesson for Smith to learn and I hope he owns it.

Post Thanks / Like

Had someone in his house. You just can't do that ATM.

If I came around and knocked on your door and said "Ledgey baby, let's get on the stubbies" You would have to tell me to *!*!*!*! off and go straight home.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Had someone in his house. You just can't do that ATM.

If I came around and knocked on your door and said "Ledgey baby, let's get on the stubbies" You would have to tell me to *!*!*!*! off and go straight home.
    Yes that is right. You can still visit your partner if they live at another house but visiting relatives or friends you can’t do.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really surprised anyone would ask that question, in my understanding there is no grey area on visitors to your house particularly work colleagues or friends.

Post Thanks / Like

BT, I get the sentiment behind that but I can put my hand on my heart here and say at the same age as Smith I wouldn't have driven Hunter away given the carnage. There is a lesson for Smith to learn and I hope he owns it.
    My judgement is if you *!*!*!*! up and cause problems that impact on somebody else then you should pay for their fines. If it weren't Lachy Hunter that smashed into Bailey's GF's car then Bailey wouldn't have been involved at all. He should'nt have to pay for Hunter's *!*!*!*! up, he just did what he thought was the right thing and from where I sit Lachy Hunter owes Bailey Smith $1652 and a huge "sorry that I got you involved mate and thanks for extracting my arse-you are an absolute champ "

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    My judgement is if you *!*!*!*! up and cause problems that impact on somebody else then you should pay for their fines. If it weren't Lachy Hunter that smashed into Bailey's GF's car then Bailey wouldn't have been involved at all. He should'nt have to pay for Hunter's *!*!*!*! up, he just did what he thought was the right thing and from where I sit Lachy Hunter owes Bailey Smith $1652 and a huge "sorry that I got you involved mate and thanks for extracting my arse-you are an absolute champ "
    I don't have a problem if Hunter pays the fine but I still maintain there is a lesson for Smith to learn