Thanks Thanks:  43
Likes Likes:  213
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lachie Hunter charged with Dink Driving

Given Bailey Smith doesn't drink, I could see him being the team's designated driver.

Post Thanks / Like

Drink Driving? Dumb as can get
    Involving team mates? Even dumber

Jesus this is a bad one for the club..
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

"Hey Bailey, I've left my details with the neighbours. Please make sure they get shared to anyone else whose car was damaged. Can you drop me off at Billy's place, I've had a fight with my girlfriend and can't go home?"

Is that really so ridiculous?

(The drink driving, crashing into cars, drinking at Gowers place is all very stupid. But don't think Bazlenka has done much wrong)

4. Likes SonofScray, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the cars belonged to the parents of Bailey's better half so maybe he was involved that way?

Post Thanks / Like

Hunter's actoins are beyond stupid but Bailey Smith cannot get a leave pass for choosing to drive someone inebriated away from the scene of an accident. Terrible lack of judgement which hopefully he learns from.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

7. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Poor Peter sounded so rattled. What an idiot Hunter is.

Post Thanks / Like

Very disappointing all round. I would guess every other club is thanking God it wasn't them. Lachie has always struck me as a young man who needs a tight leash, but it is very poor that there are three of them involved now.

Post Thanks / Like

This is all just a ruse created by GVG to increase site traffic.

Jokes aside, the guy shouldn't lose his job irrespective of the thirst for a public flogging being palpable for many. Full force of the law, maximum fine allowable under AFLPA guidelines, further education, and removal from the leadership group for a minimum three years is around the mark for me. Probably a suspension is in order as well.....but what from I'm not sure.

Smith and Gowers have a bit to answer for as well, particularly the former.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Wouldn't shock me at all to find out that the "drinking at Gowers' place afterwards" was him stupidly trying to cast doubt on how much alcohol he'd had at the time of the crash.
    Thought the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly if I was 19 and someone in their late 20s said, "I hit some cars and left my details can you please drive me home because I'm drunk" I'd have thought doing so was responsible, not realising Hunter needed to wait for the police.

I don't think Bailey deserves much shit for this.

13. Likes Dry Rot, Mofra, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You wonder if 2020 could get any worse.

I thought/hoped Lachie had matured after initially appearing as a rather cocky young man.

Everything about this is bad. The lack of leadership and involving younger less experienced players. Being out on the booze when we are all making huge sacrifices to keep the community safe.It could have been even worse and a young family could have been driving around and been hit by him in his intoxicated state. I don’t know what the appropriate penalty is but it will have to be a severe one given the many compounding actions taken after the initial idiocy.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

15. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Honestly if I was 19 and someone in their late 20s said, "I hit some cars and left my details can you please drive me home because I'm drunk" I'd have thought doing so was responsible, not realising Hunter needed to wait for the police.

Agreed, he probably thought he was doing the right thing.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post

Agree and Bailey is the type of kid who would think he was doing the right thing and being responsible. He will learn from it. I have some insight into him off field and he is by all reports a fantastic kid.
    Lachie involving him, if true, would be hardly surprising (albeit infuriating); it sounds like he was trying to break the record for stupid decisions in one night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    The stupidity gets worse if this is true from The Age.

"Sources close to Hunter have told The Age he knocked on the door of two of the neighbours' houses to tell them of the damage, before being driven by the friend to another friend's house.

It was at this South Yarra address that Hunter allegedly continued to drink, before police knocked on the door later in the night."

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...17-p54knx.html
    I've heard that one before. Good luck getting up on that. But he has clearly got strategic legal advice in the meantime to try to give himself some cover, albeit not a legally very strong argument.

19. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah I'm pretty sure if I drove a pissed person who wrecked four or five cars from a partially unreported accident scene at the age of nineteen I'd have known I was doing the wrong thing.

Also, I'm pretty sure if I drove a pissed person who wrecked four or five cars from a partially unreported accident scene at the age of nineteen after having had drug and alcohol and other types of social response training I'd have known I was doing the wrong thing.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

21. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, Sedat, Max469 liked this post