Thanks Thanks:  43
Likes Likes:  213
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lachie Hunter charged with Drink Driving

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Is $10K or $5K the maximum fine that can be issued?
    I’d imagine any fine would be donated to charity.
    I'm not sure, I thought it was $10,000. Although thinking some more there's a strong chance that player fines are reduced or halted while players wages are reduced.

Still I'd look for a sanction other than immediate games suspended, if we are hoping to get 16 more games in. 2-3 games is more like 4-5 games across a year. That seems excessive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Thankfully, it seems the narrative around Hunter is at worst he is stripped of the vice captaincy. The initial response here of a few to knife him completely was pretty harsh so I'm glad no one is publicly suggesting it either.
    Who said to knife him completely?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    With the limited games this year, would you take 2-3 games or $10,000 fine.

I'd give him the fine with a suspended 2 game suspension if he falters again this year. The club could do with the cash too.
    I suspect there will be a fine as well including counselling and community considerations but how much can you fine a player who's taking a significant pay cut anyway?

I would imagine we will be firm but fair outcome and we will rally around him
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    From the Hun

A bottle of pinot rose was left in Hunter’s passenger seat when he abandoned his SUV, which was later towed.
    This is the most disturbing part of the case for me. Girly wine.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    This is the most disturbing part of the case for me. Girly wine.
    Rose's an absolute bastard of a drink if not respected. I've seen people come to pieces on the shit, as it has the nasty side of both red and white wines.

Good rose is good though, like anything, just needs to be consumed at the right time. Afternoon linner/dunch cooking a bbq and it goes well. Good transition from white wine with cheese and nibbles to the main course.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Rose's an absolute bastard of a drink if not respected. I've seen people come to pieces on the shit, as it has the nasty side of both red and white wines.

Good rose is good though, like anything, just needs to be consumed at the right time. Afternoon linner/dunch cooking a bbq and it goes well. Good transition from white wine with cheese and nibbles to the main course.
    Oh la-di-da.
    Give me a Bundy and coke.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

7. Likes bulldogtragic, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Oh la-di-da.
    Give me a Bundy and coke.
    I like Bundy and Coke too, especially if I want to wake up with grazed and bloodied knuckles without understanding why.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

9. Likes bulldogtragic, Hotdog60, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thankfully, it seems the narrative around Hunter is at worst he is stripped of the vice captaincy. The initial response here of a few to knife him completely was pretty harsh so I'm glad no one is publicly suggesting it either.
    Harsh. Really. Drink driving is a serious matter. He is lucky he didn’t hurt or kill someone the selfishness of his actions. Recently a family lost four children through a selfish act due to someone drink driving and losing control of their car. Why are we tolerating this action? He is one lucky man if he gets away with a suspension and stripping of his vice-captaincy. Sure we all make mistakes and we (generally) learn from these but the seriousness of his actions cannot be overlooked.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Who said to knife him completely?
    Go back through the first few pages, some were suggesting he gets sacked by the club.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I still don't get the breath test. How can it be proven he was driving under the influence, if he was tested probably an hour later and not behind the wheel. ( PS: not just talking just Hunter, but anyone)
    The law is written as such that the BAC at the time of the rest is assumed to be the BAC at the time of driving.

13. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From SEN

UNDER-fire Western Bulldogs star Lachie Hunter will fight any police charge of leaving the scene of an accident in the wake of his multi-car crash.

But Hunter will not contest a drink driving charge after driving his Toyota SUV into four parked cars in Middle Park around 8.45pm Thursday night.

The Bulldogs will this morning continue their investigation into the actions of their vice-captain, with sources saying a 2-3 match ban is likely. The Hunter camp will argue any games missed takes on greater severity than normal given the season has been shortened to 17 games.

Hunter could also be stripped of the vice-captaincy and fined by the Dogs.

The penalty will need to be ticked off the AFL, whose integrity unit are making their own enquiries and have the wide-ranging ability to charge players for bringing the game into disrepute.

Hunter last week returned a blood alcohol reading of 0.123 when police found him at the South Yarra home of teammate Billy Gowers at an unknown time after the crash and in a period where he had continued drinking.

Hunter’s exact reading at the time of the crash is impossible to determine, but sen.com.au understands the Bulldogs vice-captain will throw himself at the mercy of the law and surrender his licence for 12 months.

However, it’s understood Hunter will argue he is not guilty of leaving the scene of an accident given he left his details with nearby residents and no one was hurt.

Under Victorian law, if you are in a vehicle accident you must stop immediately and exchange names and address with other motorists or property owners.

Hunter, who lives in Middle Park, was on his way to Gowers’ house after an argument with his fiancé when he crashed into four parked cars.

Hunter is facing a repair bill of $150,000 for the damage to those cars. He was also fined $1652 for breaching stay-at-home rules and is also facing a fine for careless driving.

At least one of the cars Hunter damaged is owned by the parents of young teammate Bailey Smith’s girlfriend, with Smith driving Hunter to Gowers’ place.

Smith, 19, was fined $1652 by police for breaking public health orders as a result, while Gowers was let off with a warning.

15. Thanks Grantysghost, bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Can you explain the common sense in assisting someone leave an accident when 5 cars have been damaged and taking him to another team mates place?

By the way, it's easy to knit pick the job the police are doing but in this instance Hunter was right to be charged and Smith can always appeal the fine
    Or, you know, Hunter could have called an Uber.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Or, you know, Hunter could have called an Uber.
    I know it's easy to say but that should have been his first decision

Post Thanks / Like

Go back through the first few pages, some were suggesting he gets sacked by the club.
    You claimed it, you prove it. Otherwise it's just hyperbole.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

A disappointing part for me is that the Captain and Vice Captain of a footy club drive the culture of the club. A huge let down by a leader of our club.