Thanks Thanks:  43
Likes Likes:  213
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lachie Hunter charged with Drink Driving

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Anyway, back to the situation at hand...….I just want the investigation to be done with and outcomes announced. The longer it goes on from here the more it will seem a contrived result.
    The indications are that it will be wrapped up soon but I'd be very confident that it won't be a contrived result.
    Taking our time to do it right is the correct response.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    I'm offended for BAD with that response. So taking a photo of people who are suppose to be upholding a rule who themselves are breaking the rule while upholding it is intellectually dishonest? The police are paid by the taxpayer & its certainly legal to take a picture or film a police officer in a public place.
    By the tone of your post we should never question any authoritative voice ever as they know better than the plebs.
    What were they doing illegal?

Why aren’t police afforded the right to privacy like others doing nothing wrong?

Taxpayers fund 150,000 workers in Victoria. Nurses, teachers, Courts, govt bodies like TAC. Are these covered by the we pay them so their privacy is null and void too?

Trying to work out where the line or slippery slope of losing our right to privacy is?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I've got no problems with police walking side by side or driving in cars together at the moment. It's how they do their job. But, being able to clearly articulate why police don't have to follow the same rules as the general public at this moment in time is a no brainer for me.

When are we allowed to take images of police then? Only if they're doing the right thing and we say well done, or only when they're doing the wrong thing? Or never at all?

If a citizen thinks the police aren't acting in accordance with the law, or are performing their duties inappropriately what should they do, just report it and hope the police take care of things without any evidence? Is this what you're actually saying?

I'm not trying to bait you, it's a genuine question because you have a perspective on this that I can't bring to the table.
    Report it to IBAC. They’ve been ruthless on police misbehavior and corruption (& good on them). They’re paid to go after police, so let them to investigate and don’t go private detective. Or ring Ethical Standards. Don’t want to go that far, ring the police station Office in Charge. Or ring and ask what they were doing and why. That’s 4 options of the top of my head that don’t involve photographing police doing lawful, routine duties.

Theres a huge difference between ‘Rodney King’ and photographing police performing lawful duties. Photographing any police for any reason because you can to is wrong, and undermines the entire right to privacy.

If you really want to ‘police’ the police, or work at IBAC and go after crooks with badges.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    What were they doing illegal?

Why aren’t police afforded the right to privacy like others doing nothing wrong?

Taxpayers fund 150,000 workers in Victoria. Nurses, teachers, Courts, govt bodies like TAC. Are these covered by the we pay them so their privacy is null and void too?

Trying to work out where the line or slippery slope of losing our right to privacy is?
    They were breaking social distancing rules, is that illegal? What is the difference between a rule and a law?

They are public servants in a public place, there is no privacy laws for this. If they are practicing what they preach then why should they give a stuff? I'm a strong advocate for privacy but privacy isn't an issue here. I'm not sure why you think it does?

Plenty of instances where vision from a private citizen has caught the police out before. If there is no evidence, then its your word against a police officer & good luck winning that one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    They were breaking social distancing rules, is that illegal? What is the difference between a rule and a law?

They are public servants in a public place, there is no privacy laws for this. If they are practicing what they preach then why should they give a stuff? I'm a strong advocate for privacy but privacy isn't an issue here. I'm not sure why you think it does?

Plenty of instances where vision from a private citizen has caught the police out before. If there is no evidence, then its your word against a police officer & good luck winning that one.
    You say breach. Do the social distancing laws apply to nurses, doctors or police while on duty? The SOG, homicide squad are also a team of multiple people. Good time to kill or be a serious crook then?

Should nurses, doctors, teachers and other govt workers also be subject to photos or videos any time for no real Legitimate reason?

What evidentiary reason is there photographing police doing lawful routine duties to avoid a ‘he said/he said’?

Post Thanks / Like

Lets get the thread back to the Lochie Hunter topic thanks
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

7. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Lets get the thread back to the Lochie Hunter topic thanks
    Now the powers to be invade my/our right to freedom of expression.

What did Lachie do again? I want to say something to do with taxes.

9. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Surely the term social distancing excludes those in essential working environments, particularly whereby team work is essential i.e. police, nurses etc.

If the term was flat out physical distancing, that would pertain to all but as I know and read it, social distancing is a reference to non-essential, casual-in-nature groups of people coming together.

In terms of the actual topic at hand, I'll wait and see what the punishment is before commenting too much but ultimately I think Lachie will probably get what he deserves along with the sheer embarrassment of it.

11. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What’s your issue? That I don’t like police members being photographed doing their job? And that it demonstrates a lack of dignity or respect.
    If there's any group of people that should be regularly photographed and filmed by the public it's the police. There's a lot of credibility give to the word of an officer and they are the ones who enforce the standards on the public so the public has a right to make sure the police maintain certain standards as well.

There are lots of great police officers out there but if them occasionally having footage taken of them as they do their job roots out the shit officers then I hope they understand and accept it as part of their job.

Also I'd hate to see large chunks of the police force wiped out with CV at a time like this so the question is fair re:distancing IMO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Surely the term social distancing excludes those in essential working environments, particularly whereby team work is essential i.e. police, nurses etc.

If the term was flat out physical distancing, that would pertain to all but as I know and read it, social distancing is a reference to non-essential, casual-in-nature groups of people coming together.
    This. The questioning of police doing their job staggers me. Anyway, we move on.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

14. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If I am doing nothing wrong then photo away. Knock yourself out.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    If there's any group of people that should be regularly photographed and filmed by the public it's the police. There's a lot of credibility give to the word of an officer and they are the ones who enforce the standards on the public so the public has a right to make sure the police maintain certain standards as well.

There are lots of great police officers out there but if them occasionally having footage taken of them as they do their job roots out the shit officers then I hope they understand and accept it as part of their job.

Also I'd hate to see large chunks of the police force wiped out with CV at a time like this so the question is fair re:distancing IMO
    I won’t derail the thread again. The photo doesn’t stop CV spreading to those members, or SOG, or crime squads. They’re emergency workers and essential workers (no debate) and I’m sure the Commissioners know more than us discussing a photo somehow demishes their risk.

The argument on breaching privacy is propagated by the CIA, NSA etc. - ‘Those who have nothing to hide should be fine with being surveilled unnecessarily. If it means catching a bad one, so be it. I’m sure every understands the security of our society has a price.’ - I am with Ed Snowden, I don’t subscribe to this at all at any level of society. Privacy should be cherished, fought and sacrificed for. Routine govt workers, doing routine things, getting photographed doesn’t stop any crime or demonstrate corruption.

Now before gvgjr shuts the thread: Lachie Hunter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    This. The questioning of police doing their job staggers me. Anyway, we move on.
    Ive pulled strings. You’re still right to call 000 if necessary.

Will teachers get a $1,652 fine per class?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    If I am doing nothing wrong then photo away. Knock yourself out.
    How about ASIO getting all your data, metadata, numbers, emails, online accounts, digital photos too?

If your not doing anything wrong, we can all hand in our rights together for the AFP to kick in our doors, especially in you’re a journo.

Post Thanks / Like

How about ASIO getting all your data, metadata, numbers, emails, online accounts, digital photos too?

If your not doing anything wrong, we can all hand in our rights together for the AFP to kick in our doors, especially in you’re a journo.
    I work in a job where I don't know if the person standing next to me is the cousin/sister/brother/Aunty/Uncle of the client I have. Autistic people are fairly unpredictable-I've been bashed more than once but if I strike out then it's MY fault, not theirs. I knew the rules when I signed up for the job and I accept them. One of those is acting professionally and in the way my employer has trained me to react-I just can't go off tap and neither can the cops.

If I *!*!*!*! up then I deserve to lose my job because I have been trained to deal with those situations by my employer and I have ignored that training by putting myself in harms way.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite