Thanks Thanks:  43
Likes Likes:  213
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lachie Hunter charged with Drink Driving

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    They have been skewering him all week. The obsession the media have for this story is starting to get plain unhealthy and they need to reel it in before their is a REAL tragedy. .
    Gotta love Garry Lyon
    He Does the dirty on his bestie and then hides from any scrutiny
    Couple of years on he wants a young man to be grilled until he breaks

2. Likes Twodogs, anfo27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Gotta love Garry Lyon
    He Does the dirty on his bestie and then hides from any scrutiny
    Couple of years on he wants a young man to be grilled until he breaks
    An old girlfriend told me a couple of months ago that we could't stay together "because I had trouble keeping my dick stuck down the front of my trousers"

Ouch!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Just wanted to add to this thread that Paul Connors strikes me as a dead set drongo.
    One of my best mates was managed by Connors for 10 years, and was always happy with him.

Post Thanks / Like

We all like to give the media a whack but well played by Drew Jones here:

How the Bulldogs’ premiership skipper is helping Lachie Hunter after ‘the worst day of his life’

Lachie Hunter walked over and with a grateful smile said thank you.
    In all likelihood it’s as close as a reporter has got to Hunter since last month’s Thursday night smash and dash in Middle Park.

It cost Hunter a fortune in car repairs, the Western Bulldogs vice-captaincy, a four-game ban and a fair portion of the trust of his club and teammates.

The building blocks of winning back respect are starting to be laid - which is where I came across Hunter.

The 2018 best and fairest was training with Easton Wood, I had stumbled upon them by complete accident.

No one player in football had garnered more attention for the wrong reasons since the season was paused.

Journalistic alarm bells were ringing - so I called the club. No answer.

Some days later, and a few sessions later, I spoke to the club about the chance sighting - at this stage it was still a secret.

The club agreed to let me speak to Wood, the 2016 premiership captain who was playing a critical role in Hunter’s life: friend.

So on Friday morning Wood and Hunter arrived to start training, with Hunter coming over to say hello and also thanks.

The temptation to get shots of the pair training without their permission in previous days had been strong, given we haven’t seen or heard from Hunter for some time.

In the end permission was sought and it was granted by Wood, and Hunter, although the former skipper would do the talking.

‘It’s been enjoyable training with Hunter, a little weird given the circumstances,” Wood told AFL Tonight.

“First it’s just being a mate. As bad as it was what Lachie did, it goes without saying it was probably the worst day of his life.

“As a friend you have to be there for a mate no matter what.

“We forgive the person, not the behaviour.”

The pair have been training together for just over two weeks, it’s possible I may have even stumbled upon their first session together.

Training alone hadn’t been working for Wood, so pairing up with Hunter made sense.

The session on Friday was tough - the pair ran for over an hour. Repeat sprints - old fashion suicides, and the worst were full ground, gut-busting efforts.

Up and back, again and again.

I wanted a shot of Hunter absolutely spent, for my television story, but alas, it wasn’t forthcoming - he’s too fit.

At times Wood was crouched down gasping for air, Hunter was puffing, but ready for more (to be fair to Wood, Hunter is an aerobic freak).

“His training has been a good escape, it’s been nice to do that with him and see the effort he’s put into that,” Wood said.

“He’s always been a hard trainer and we’ve worked hard together.”

The pause in the AFL season means Hunter hasn’t been able to put things right straight away - anyone who’s made a blue wants to atone for that, but Hunter probably won’t get a chance to play for the Dogs until mid-to-late July.

“He’s looking forward to getting that respect back,” Wood continued.

“There is a real patience element to everything, he has to wait for opportunities to present to show he can make those right decisions.”

We are yet to hear from Hunter since the incident, other than his apology on the club website.

Hunter isn’t ready to chat, it would be reasonable to assume that he feels there isn’t much to say until he starts playing good footy - letting that do the talking would be his preference.

Hunter has always been a pleasant and respectful player to work with, and it appears he’s on the right track to making up for his mistakes.

“If you go through something like that and you don’t come out of it better or having learnt something, that would be a tragedy,” Wood said.

“What I’ve seen from Lachie and his mindset, I’m really confident he’ll come out of it a better person and likely a better player as well.”

It’s also been a challenging time for Wood, as he and his family continue to wait for more information about their home being robbed.

Wood’s wife Tiffany had her great grandfather’s World War 1 dog tags stolen.

Nugget’s dog tags had been converted into a necklace - that is missing, along with Wood’s 2016 premiership watch and notably his medallion.

“I really look forward to passing it on to my daughter Matilda, these items are a connection through time, and for my daughter to hold that one day and know it’s been around my neck on the dais, that would be really special.”

Wood remains hopeful they’ll be returned, and anyone with information is urged to call Crimestoppers on 1800 333 000.

6. Thanks Mofra thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr, jeemak, Topdog, KT31, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Only because that article is half about Easton he just announced online that he and his partner are expecting a baby boy.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Only because that article is half about Easton he just announced online that he and his partner are expecting a baby boy.
    Hopefully a father son
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

They already have a girl and now they are getting a boy. A pigeon pair (which is what we got) is what a lot of parents hope for so good on them.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    They already have a girl and now they are getting a boy. A pigeon pair (which is what we got) is what a lot of parents hope for so good on them.
    Father/son
    Father/daughter
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hunter charged by Victoria Police

The Western Bulldogs acknowledge the formal charges laid against Lachie Hunter by Victoria Police following the incident involving his vehicle in April.

Victoria Police has charged Hunter with drink driving, careless driving, failing to give his name after a collision and failing to render assistance after a collision.

Hunter is due to appear in Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on November 4.

As this matter is now before the Court, the Club and Lachie will make no further comment.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear me, what a dick.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully the season is done before his court appearance so there are no further distractions from this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Hunter charged by Victoria Police

The Western Bulldogs acknowledge the formal charges laid against Lachie Hunter by Victoria Police following the incident involving his vehicle in April.

Victoria Police has charged Hunter with drink driving, careless driving, failing to give his name after a collision and failing to render assistance after a collision.

Hunter is due to appear in Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on November 4.

As this matter is now before the Court, the Club and Lachie will make no further comment.
    The highlighted charge interests me. Is it implying that someone was injured?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Complete moronic act
    What sort of penalty are we looking at ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The highlighted charge interests me. Is it implying that someone was injured?
    Pretty sure assistance to the police.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

18. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Pretty sure assistance to the police.
    Thanks that clears that up
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"