Thanks Thanks:  43
Likes Likes:  213
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lachie Hunter charged with Drink Driving

I checked some recent club decisions out of interest:

Libba - 2012 - Heavily intoxicated, passed out drunk with some illicit material in a pocket:

Suspended for rest of Season from the start of August, $5,000 fine, ordered to undergo counselling, ordered to find outside work.

Tom Boyd & Zaine Cordy - 2016 - Heavily intoxicted while on the town and had a play fight which Cordy got a stitch:

Both suspended indefinitely. Boyd also a $5,000 fine, ordered to undergo training and he additionally volunteered time and money to a NFP on preventing social violence.

If that club record is anything to go by there's a fair whack coming. But post the mistakes all these guys played their career best footy at our club, and were premiership players some soon after. As I've said before, hopefully Lachie does too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Does that include his own car damage?

So place your bets? How does Lachie get to training for 12 months?

A) Moves closer to WO?
    B) Players drive him?
    C) Family drive him?
    D) Public transport?
    E) Taxi/Uber?
    F) One of his horses?
    G) Other?
    Where is the bicycle option?? I will go with G.

3. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Where is the bicycle option?? I will go with G.
    My bad. Will the fitness staff let him on top of his training loads? If so,

H. Cycle.

Post Thanks / Like

Having Fines and bans is also odd. The fines are capped at $5000, so clubs then impose game bans which adds extra dollars due to match payments. I think it should be one or the other.

If it was possible, I would fine him $10,000 to go towards some community programmes, plus to attend an alcohol rehab facility. Forget the match bans.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Does that include his own car damage?

So place your bets? How does Lachie get to training for 12 months?

A) Moves closer to WO?
    B) Players drive him?
    C) Family drive him?
    D) Public transport?
    E) Taxi/Uber?
    F) One of his horses?
    G) Other?
    Bailey Smith will give Lachie a lift and will only charge him $1,652 per trip.

7. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Likes josie, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting take Remi. Can’t recall anyone saying that they haven’t made mistakes (I have made plenty and paid the price).Think you need to read posts a bit more clearly. Some of us are merely articulating what our thoughts are in regards to punishment. You don’t agree with them that is fine. Some people tolerate certain behaviours, others don’t. Drink driving, for mine, is near the top of the list due to the carnage it can create and the number of lives can be affected. People know better and we are all to quick to fob it off as a dumb mistake.

No doubt he will learn from this episode but again as a person in the public eye, who is a role model and a leader of the club I think he should be sacked. It won’t happen of course but that is simply my opinion.
    I believe more people fob of speeding than drink driving even though they both equate to 30% each to Australia’s road deaths annually.

9. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting take Remi. Can’t recall anyone saying that they haven’t made mistakes (I have made plenty and paid the price).Think you need to read posts a bit more clearly. Some of us are merely articulating what our thoughts are in regards to punishment. You don’t agree with them that is fine. Some people tolerate certain behaviours, others don’t. Drink driving, for mine, is near the top of the list due to the carnage it can create and the number of lives can be affected. People know better and we are all to quick to fob it off as a dumb mistake.

No doubt he will learn from this episode but again as a person in the public eye, who is a role model and a leader of the club I think he should be sacked. It won’t happen of course but that is simply my opinion.
    Not condoning what he did , but a sacking is way overs . He deserves a severe punishment but I’m hoping ( probably in vain ) this incident isn’t continually backed over again and again .

11. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Being report that Hunter has stood down from both the leadership and Vice captains roles.
    While this was always going to happen I think it accelerates when he will front the media
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Being report that Hunter has stood down from both the leadership and Vice captains roles.
    While this was always going to happen I think it accelerates when he will front the media
    Wallis for vice captain? Good solid citizen. I think Dunkley is too young and Wood who is also in leadership team can continue to mentor others (Bont, Wallis, Dunks).

And elevate Macrae into leadership team?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Not condoning what he did , but a sacking is way overs . He deserves a severe punishment but I’m hoping ( probably in vain ) this incident isn’t continually backed over again and again .
    No one here has overly defended him and only 2 or 3 have indicated their decision would be to sack him and have made their points well.
    Based on the WOOF sample size I think he will be welcomed back by the overwhelming majority of our supporter base. He's made a huge mistake and will pay a hefty price because of it but given no one was injured we will get over it quickly

A lot will depend on the way he conducts himself at the press conference

15. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good on Lachie for doing so. Really. He could’ve forced others to do it. It takes strength to admit a mistake and even more to give yourself your own medicine.

Post Thanks / Like

I’d love Macrae or Crozier as VC.

Edit: Your VC should be a lock for best 22. Some good sorts on our list for VC aren't that.

18. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Wallis for vice captain? Good solid citizen. I think Dunkley is too young and Wood who is also in leadership team can continue to mentor others (Bont, Wallis, Dunks).

And elevate Macrae into leadership team?
    All good suggestions but I'm not convinced Macrae fits what we are after. Just seems way too quiet
    Trengove would be ideal but probably unlikely and Crozier has a great attitude

20. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No one here has overly defended him and only 2 or 3 have indicated their decision would be to sack him and have made their points well.
    Based on the WOOF sample size I think he will be welcomed back by the overwhelming majority of our supporter base. He's made a huge mistake and will pay a hefty price because of it but given no one was injured we will get over it quickly

A lot will depend on the way he conducts himself at the press conference
    Good post thanks.
    Even though I am in the minority, in regards to his punishment, I will of course welcome Lachie back to the club. It may seem contradictory to my stance, however I am not the decision maker and thus respect due process.

If the decision is that he is stripped of his leadership role (which appears to be the case) and suspended for x amount of games then so be it and I will look forward to seeing Lachie play again. As others have stated he is a young man whom will no doubt learn from this and on the upside may be able to educate others not to follow suit.

22. Likes Twodogs, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Which lines up nicely with comrades initial post of

The initial response here of a few to

2 = a few.
    Thanks for that. Very helpful.
    "It's over. It's all over."