Thanks Thanks:  43
Likes Likes:  213
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lachie Hunter charged with Drink Driving

I'm surprised of the small nature of the fine.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I'm surprised of the small nature of the fine.
    The judge took into consideration the fines already imposed by the club ($5000)
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Deserved his whack, but to be fair it is not unreasonable to think that he had done everything he needed to at the scene. Not sure about Victoria, but in SA at least the only reason he would need to call police to attend was that there was over $3k worth of damage. Without that he could have done it online.
    Considering he smashed into 4 cars its a pretty easy guess to say it was over 3k damage.

Having said that I am glad to hear officially that he did go to individuals houses and give them his license.

He was pretty intoxicated so its good to hear that he did some things right after the initial massive F-UP

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The judge took into consideration the fines already imposed by the club ($5000)
    It doesnt say it but I would hazard a guess that they also took into account him having to pay for all cars to be fixed. Suggestions that it was in excess of 100k damage when it was initially reported.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Considering he smashed into 4 cars its a pretty easy guess to say it was over 3k damage.

Having said that I am glad to hear officially that he did go to individuals houses and give them his license.

He was pretty intoxicated so its good to hear that he did some things right after the initial massive F-UP

It doesnt say it but I would hazard a guess that they also took into account him having to pay for all cars to be fixed. Suggestions that it was in excess of 100k damage when it was initially reported.
    Yep a good lesson for Lachie I would think.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    That's what I meant, without the $3k+ damage (seeing that no one was hurt and there were no obstructions) he could have done it online. Lots of people actually don't know the rules around when you do and don't need police to attend. It's not unreasonable to take him on his word that he thought he had already given his details and as such he didn't need to hang around.

*Disclaimer: I am not actually sure how the SA rules differ from Victoria.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Western Bulldogs and Collingwood yet to agree deal on how much of Adam Treloar’s wage will be supplemented

It comes as Dogs coach Luke Beveridge admitted former vice-captain Lachie Hunter had “some challenges in the future” to tackle after a disastrous year off-field.

He was suspended for four games after crashing into a series of high-end vehicles and took time away from footy in July for personal reasons.

““He’s had some challenging times dealing with some personal struggles in his life and he hasn’t necessarily managed it too well and he’s needed support that maybe we hadn’t given him enough of.

“As you saw when he came back into the fold the second time and played again, he started to have the usual influence. But why I paint that picture and lay a foundation, it’s to say that Lachie’s got some challenges in the future, there’s no doubt about it.

“I don’t think he’s where he wants to be quite yet. In the short term, hopefully we get to the early part of the season and he’s settled, he’s in the team and he’s playing good footy.”
    Hopefully Lachie sorts out his issues as he is an important player for the club and in our top 5 best.

Disappointing the club didn't give him more support.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post