Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  31
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Under the Pump for 2021

Which depth player/fringe player is under the pump for 2021.

For me:

* Jong - must remain injury free

* Schache - must show something in the VFL and prove he should be on the list

* Lew Young - see Schache

* Gardner

* Lloyd - probably his last year

* Lipinski and Richards - 2021 "It's Time"
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Under the Pump for 2021

Depth/fringe players by nature are under the pump.

I love the guy, but I'd suggest Wood has to show enough to prove he deserved a two year deal rather than a 1 + 1.
    I'd be looking for an improvement in Bruce too - to be honest, I'm expecting it.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

All new experienced recruits are under the pump - so Martin, Treloar, Hannan. And Bruce more so than 2020.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    All new experienced recruits are under the pump - so Martin, Treloar, Hannan. And Bruce more so than 2020.
    Yeah, hard to imagine anyone's under a bigger pump than this bloke.

You'd have to try pretty hard to produce a less glowing season of footy but I reel at the pressure he'd be under if we're say, six rounds in and there's no discernible improvement on his 2020 output.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

5. Likes SquirrelGrip, Sedat, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post

You'd have to try pretty hard to produce a less glowing season of footy but I reel at the pressure he'd be under if we're say, six rounds in and there's no discernible improvement on his 2020 output.
    I reckon even Brucey would be begging Bevo to play him at Footscray by that point.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I reckon even Brucey would be begging Bevo to play him at Footscray by that point.
    I think you are giving Bruce too much credit.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce is the most disappointing recruit i think we have ever had and by some margin, so him. I guess he isn't under the pump in that he has 3 more years contracted on what must be decent dollars, so from his pov as long as he meets his obligations of turning up to Footscray games he could probably make $1m+ for minimal effort, but if he wants to actually justify his spot on the list he needs to be more than just a big bloke who occasionally crashes the pack.

-----------------

Aside from him though I'm gonna nominate Josh Dunkley. Clearly rates himself as a very talented player, thinks he can be the main man and thinks he is deserving of the big dollars. Add that to an off season where he has tried to engineer a move away from a playing group that seems tight knit, blindsided a coach that is super loyal to his playing group and has been ruthless in the past with players that have crossed him and on top of that disenchanted a supporter base that almost universally loved him and already considered him a Bulldog for life.

He now is seemingly one spot further back in the queue for the midfield minutes he craves and if he does struggle to perform then I reckon the critics will come calling. I think he is absolutely under the pump unless he can come out with some seriously good form and force his way into our midfield.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

9. Thanks The bulldog tragician thanked for this post
    Likes macca, Sedat, Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep I agree soup, Dunkley is well and truly under the pump. He's placed a massive target on himself.

I'm going to nominate both JJ and Crozier as potential candidates who would both know that they were a bit disappointing in 2020 and need to bounce back with better seasons next year.

Bruce is an obvious one.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

11. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In a way Treloar is in that he'd want to be proving that all the mud slung at him this offseason was just that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post

He needs to make sure the next 3 years are as close to 100% output just to balance things from his 2020 effort
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Juicy then Dunkley for mine. Both think themselves as superstars but for different reasons have targets on them. Bruce will need to come vs k in ripping nick after Christmas. And Dunkley will need to keep his head down and let his footy do the talking.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to nominate JJ. I think he has been inconsistent for the last four years. His good games have often been followed by a string of mediocre performances. And he has been responsible for some shocking clangers that have been really costly. From a senior player - simply not good enough.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Dale....surely Bailey Dale gets on this list....I am a fan, but gee he has had about 5 good games and none of them were 2020.

17. Likes Sedat, Happy Days, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Surely most of the list is under pressure in one way or another? Even the captain had a pretty poor year by his standards and will want to make amends. Lots of under performers last year if you break it down player by player.

I think Cordy is the one to watch. I just think he has been really poor for a while now and we need more from him.

19. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Dale....surely Bailey Dale gets on this list....I am a fan, but gee he has had about 5 good games and none of them were 2020.
    Daley Bail has never NOT been under the pump. This will be his last year with us I’d have thought.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."