Thanks Thanks:  43
Likes Likes:  213
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lachie Hunter charged with Drink Driving

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Complete moronic act
    What sort of penalty are we looking at ?
    completely worse case? Jail for 8-12 weeks.
    lawyer, remorse, etc, big fine and loss of license for a year or two.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

On the footy front, can I ask an awkward question?

Have we really missed Hunter in the last two games?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post

I think it's going to be a bit like the Daniel situation. Think you don't miss him because the team playing well sometimes coincided with him being out, but once he's back realise he adds a lot of value and you're better off with him.

Going back to last year the biggest change in the way we played is pretty much being reflected in the change in our play this year. Some tightening up of selection and everyone taking a good attitude into the games, defending the ground well, putting on pressure around the ball and attacking with vigour and taking a risk.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think it's going to be a bit like the Daniel situation. Think you don't miss him because the team playing well sometimes coincided with him being out, but once he's back realise he adds a lot of value and you're better off with him.

Going back to last year the biggest change in the way we played is pretty much being reflected in the change in our play this year. Some tightening up of selection and everyone taking a good attitude into the games, defending the ground well, putting on pressure around the ball and attacking with vigour and taking a risk.
    Thanks. Good reply.

I have a hard time watching footy this year, following some positional changes etc.

Who has taken Hunter's place and how have they gone? Richards?

Post Thanks / Like

I think so he makes us better. Gut runs finds it and is so important between the arcs.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Good reply.

I have a hard time watching footy this year, following some positional changes etc.

Who has taken Hunter's place and how have they gone? Richards?
    We played Jacko on the wing in round two which was most notable, and have rotated a few through both wings since including Jong, Toby, Ed, Latham, Baz and a couple of others from what I could tell from watching on TV.

Post Thanks / Like

We played Jacko on the wing in round two which was most notable, and have rotated a few through both wings since including Jong, Toby, Ed, Latham, Baz and a couple of others from what I could tell from watching on TV.
    How did you think each of them went?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The highlighted charge interests me. Is it implying that someone was injured?
    I'd say that it falls under this.

Following an accident, you are required to stop your vehicle, check to see whether anyone is injured and provide them with any assistance you can, and then at the soonest possible occasion, provide your details to all the relevant parties (other driver’s involved, injured parties, owners of damaged property, the police). If your vehicle is un-roadworthy, you must arrange to have it towed.

From;

https://www.gotocourt.com.au/traffic...nalty%20of%20a

Penalty for first offence.

If you did stop and render assistance, but did not provide the injured people, the police, or owners of damaged property with your details, or you failed to report the accident to the police, you may face 80 penalty units or a maximum of 8 months imprisonment (first offence)

Lachy could be in real strife. Depending on how hard the court wants to come down there is provision for jail time.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I saw on Instagram tonight that Lachie (and a few other players) are undertaking Dry July. As an extra step, he is starting a Go Fund Me page to raise funds for the Alfred's road trauma support programme (and the players are dipping into their pockets apparently). I've seen Liberatore, Caleb Daniel, Billy Gowers (there may be others) have all pasted the same status (joining the challenge and plugging the fundraising).

This is obviously a really great initiative and on the surface, it looks like a bloke that is trying to take positive steps forward. However, I can't help but feel a pang of cynicism that it comes the day after he was charged. I hope that it is all genuine, rather than just a Gordon legal etc. initiative to start putting together a CV to help pull a more favourable judgement come November.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I saw on Instagram tonight that Lachie (and a few other players) are undertaking Dry July. As an extra step, he is starting a Go Fund Me page to raise funds for the Alfred's road trauma support programme (and the players are dipping into their pockets apparently). I've seen Liberatore, Caleb Daniel, Billy Gowers (there may be others) have all pasted the same status (joining the challenge and plugging the fundraising).

This is obviously a really great initiative and on the surface, it looks like a bloke that is trying to take positive steps forward. However, I can't help but feel a pang of cynicism that it comes the day after he was charged. I hope that it is all genuine, rather than just a Gordon legal etc. initiative to start putting together a CV to help pull a more favourable judgement come November.
    Isn't the bigger question, why is dry July a big thing for footy players in a condensed season in the first place, when it's a massive problem for us regular pissheads all the time, but especially during a killer pandemic?

Thanks guys, your job is not to drink and be fit. Ours doesn't resemble anything like that and it's important to us that we keep drinking to ensure we don't go completely insane worrying about not working or being able to pay our bills.

*Collective we.

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't the bigger question, why is dry July a big thing for footy players in a condensed season in the first place, when it's a massive problem for us regular pissheads all the time, but especially during a killer pandemic?

Thanks guys, your job is not to drink and be fit. Ours doesn't resemble anything like that and it's important to us that we keep drinking to ensure we don't go completely insane worrying about not working or being able to pay our bills.
    I think one of my mates entered me as a pisstake exercise but I got a thing saying well-done for undertaking the dry July. I seriously can't remember the last time I drank alcohol (the last time I remember was my wedding day in 2001) and I actively dislike the stuff. Still should make it easy.

*Collective we.
    I'll take mine singularly thanks.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Drinking UDL’s....
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Drinking UDL’s....
    Pretty classy.
    .123 that's significantly pickled! Lucky no one was hurt. Not sure about the hiding from from the Police, I guess he wasn't in the good decision making zone.
    Copped his right whack I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Pretty classy.
    .123 that's significantly pickled! Lucky no one was hurt. Not sure about the hiding from from the Police, I guess he wasn't in the good decision making zone.
    Copped his right whack I think.
    Deserved his whack, but to be fair it is not unreasonable to think that he had done everything he needed to at the scene. Not sure about Victoria, but in SA at least the only reason he would need to call police to attend was that there was over $3k worth of damage. Without that he could have done it online.