Thanks Thanks:  43
Likes Likes:  213
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lachie Hunter charged with Drink Driving

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It staggers me that this man still has a voice that is listened to

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I suspected you might let us down.
    I suspected you would continue on but found your entire questioning of comrade to be unreasonable. Feel free to continue to be let down.

Post Thanks / Like

Done and dusted now. Let’s move on and hopefully Lachie learns something from all of this.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

From my understanding is that the players want to be shareholders of the game and have agreed to behavioral clauses being in the contracts. Clubs were understandably concerned with losing sponsors when players behavior didn't reflect well on their brand so the abiilty to fine players was agreed to as a standard clause. Overall I think it's working pretty well because I believe it's lifted the standards.

If you want to be well paid it's now part of the job that carries over into the players life away from football
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    From my understanding is that the players want to be shareholders of the game and have agreed to behavioral clauses being in the contracts. Clubs were understandably concerned with losing sponsors when players behavior didn't reflect well on their brand so the ability to fine players was agreed to as a standard clause. Overall I think it's working pretty well because I believe it's lifted the standards.

If you want to be well paid it's now part of the job that carries over into the players life away from football
    I am one that really is not sure what the penalty should be for these type of indiscretions.

I tend to lean towards match bans as that is a double whammy as there is a built in financial loss. If there are going to be fines, it shouldn't go to the AFL, it should go towards a charitable organisation , example in this case, some sort of alcohol rehab group.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Maybe its just me and stranger things have happened, but I'm a little sceptical of the 2000 plus houses in Middle Park Lachie manages to hit a two cars connected to a team mate, who just happens to be there as well.
    Even with my average mathematics and with no external calculations taken into account, at best the outcome is a probability of 0.05% that the accident happens at that residence.
    Odd things do happen

Van carrying 270kg of 'ice' worth $200m crashes into parked police cars in Sydney
    Lisa MartinTue 23 Jul 2019 16.20 AEST

Driver charged with drug trafficking and negligent driving after authorities seize methylamphetamine haul

New South Wales police have hailed one of the “easiest” drug busts in history after a driver allegedly crashed a van carrying $200m worth of the drug ice into parked cop cars outside a station in Sydney’s north-west.

The 26-year-old manwas facing three charges including drug trafficking and negligent driving, NSW police said.

The crash happened on Monday at 10.30am outside Eastwood police station and officers said the Toyota HiAce did not stop. Officers heard a loud bang and checked video surveillance.

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...ed-police-cars
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

8. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Odd things do happen

Van carrying 270kg of 'ice' worth $200m crashes into parked police cars in Sydney
    Lisa MartinTue 23 Jul 2019 16.20 AEST

Driver charged with drug trafficking and negligent driving after authorities seize methylamphetamine haul

New South Wales police have hailed one of the “easiest” drug busts in history after a driver allegedly crashed a van carrying $200m worth of the drug ice into parked cop cars outside a station in Sydney’s north-west.

The 26-year-old manwas facing three charges including drug trafficking and negligent driving, NSW police said.

The crash happened on Monday at 10.30am outside Eastwood police station and officers said the Toyota HiAce did not stop. Officers heard a loud bang and checked video surveillance.

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...ed-police-cars
    Just goes to show that you don't have to be dead to be stiff!

Although, thinking about it, how do you fit 270 kgs of anything into a normal car?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    I suspected you would continue on but found your entire questioning of comrade to be unreasonable. Feel free to continue to be let down.
    That's my suspicion confirmed then.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...22-p54mbs.html

Just goes to show how serious some road accidents can become. I’m not at all speculating there was drink driving involved with this incident but shows how easily things like this can happen and the tragic consequences that can result. The poor families of the officers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...22-p54mbs.html

Just goes to show how serious some road accidents can become. I’m not at all speculating there was drink driving involved with this incident but shows how easily things like this can happen and the tragic consequences that can result. The poor families of the officers
    And that's why I'll respect them, defend them and their rights to my last breath. Because four of them took their last breathes at 5.40pm tonight. What a shocking loss of life, police, just doing their job after a shithouse 6-12 months before it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Maybe she knows his buttons...…….
    Reminds me of a comment from the excellent Oasis Supersonic documentary..."Noel has a lot of buttons and Liam has a lot of fingers"
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

14. Likes jeemak, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Reminds me of a comment from the excellent Oasis Supersonic documentary..."Noel has a lot of buttons and Liam has a lot of fingers"
    Watched this dock recently- really enjoyed it-talk about sibling rivalry!!

16. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brad Johnson had some pretty strong views regarding possible club impact. Link to article

18. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Brad Johnson had some pretty strong views regarding possible club impact. Link to article
    Johno made some valid points.

20. Likes Grantysghost liked this post