2. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lachie Hunter charged with Dink Driving

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    And why would a passenger do a runner?
    I dare say he’s panicked . Complete brain fade

Post Thanks / Like

Has he done a runner? He apparently gave details to some of the car owners. Yes the police weren’t called as they should have been but I’d put that more down to poor judgement than anything else.

The guys an idiot there’s no two ways about it. If someone had told me a dogs player had done something like this Lachie would probably have been my first or second guess. But before sacking him I’d consider the fact that the man has some issues. Anyone who gets behind the car with that reading has some serious problems. I don’t think sacking him would help those problems. But he should sit out this season and be dumped from the leadership group at a minimum.
    Last edited by bulldogsthru&thru; 18-04-2020 at 10:52 AM.

5. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    The stupidity gets worse if this is true from The Age.

"Sources close to Hunter have told The Age he knocked on the door of two of the neighbours' houses to tell them of the damage, before being driven by the friend to another friend's house.

It was at this South Yarra address that Hunter allegedly continued to drink, before police knocked on the door later in the night."

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...17-p54knx.html
    How incredibly dumb.

Post Thanks / Like

"Sources close to Hunter have told The Age he knocked on the door of two of the neighbours' houses to tell them of the damage, before being driven by the friend to another friend's house.

It was at this South Yarra address that Hunter allegedly continued to drink, before police knocked on the door later in the night."

Oh dear he’s even dumber than I gave him credit for
    Last edited by bulldogsthru&thru; 17-04-2020 at 10:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Oh dear he’s even dumber than I have him credit for
    I'm picturing Lachie answering the door to the police with a Corona in hand like 'yo, here to join the party?!'
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

He’s a made a dumb choice then backed over it !
    Good god

Post Thanks / Like

Funny comment from twitter - 'first time he's hit 4 targets in a row!'

Post Thanks / Like

So there's no way of really knowing what his BAC was at the time of the accident given he's voluntarily increased it in the following hours....though given alcohol was found on the front seat, you have to assume he would've been over the limit.

Not immune to controversy is young Lachlan. Everything about this must be sooooo embarrassing for him...which is the least of his problems. I'm also in the condemn the action, support the person camp, but drunk driving....

Obviously will lose the VC, though I'd comfortable write off his year. Is it too soon / wrong thread to talk about who (e.g Crozier / Dunkley) would step up as VC?
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

That was the part I heard earlier. Are any of the friends players?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I have it on good authority a former player lives on the street where Lachie crashed.

AFL player allegedly caught drink driving

Western Bulldogs vice-captain Lachie Hunter allegedly smashed his car into several other cars while drunk in inner Melbourne last night.

Police were called to Wright St, Middle Park about 8.45pm on Thursday where a Toyota SUV had crashed into four parked cars.

It’s alleged Hunter had fled the scene but official AFL gear was reportedly left inside the vehicle.

Police located the 25-year-old at a property in South Yarra.

He returned an evidentiary breath test of 0.123 – more than twice the legal limit.

Hunter is expected to be charged on summons with drink driving and other traffic matters.

He was also slapped with a $1652 fine for breaching coronavirus restrictions.

Western Bulldogs President Peter Gordon told the Herald Sun he would be discussing the incident with Hunter later today.

“We are aware of it and will be investigating,” he said.

“I will talk to Lachie in the next few hours and will have more to say then.”

Speaking to 3AW, AFL reporter Sam McClure said he had spoken to Hunter and there was “a little more to this story”.

“He was in Middle Park visiting someone, has been drinking, clearly doing the wrong thing, and I believe he’s admitted he did the wrong thing and knocked into a couple of parked cars,” McClure said.

“He did knock on neighbours’ doors to tell multiple neighbours about the damage and since then has been driven by neighbours to a friend’s house.

“One of the other neighbours called the police as you can understand, but, the thing that will make this interesting from my understanding is that Lachie continued to have a couple of drinks at a friend’s house in South Yarra by the time police caught up with him at I think 11.00pm”

Mr McClure said he was aware “someone very well-known” to Hunter then drove him to South Yarra.

“I can only assume, and now I’m putting two and two together, that once police were called to the address that police then knocked on doors and then found the person that Lachie had been with and that’s where they found out where he was.”

Simon Dixon was watching TV when he heard an almighty crash outside his home.

He rushed out to find his Exopest van and other cars smashed.

“It was an enormous bang,” he said.

“I just saw the carnage of the five cars. They were all like dominos.”

His wife called triple-0 as he and neighbours rushed over to make sure Hunter was okay.

Hunter asked if police had been called and took off in another car before they arrived, Mr Dixon said.

“He was okay. He wasn’t injured,” said Mr Dixon.

“We were in shock.

“Police were looking for the driver when they came.”

In a statement Western Bulldogs Football club said they were “aware of an incident involving Lachie Hunter on Thursday evening.”

“The club is in the process of investigating the exact circumstances surrounding the incident, and will confirm details when possible.”

A damaged silver Mercedes hatchback GLA250 and white Range Rover are located at the crash scene.

The Mercedes bumper is on the road, scattered with debris and plastic.

The Range Rover has damage to its rear.

Post Thanks / Like

I was stressed so I downed half a bottle of whisky offisher *hic*....
    Dumb, lucky no injuries. Allegedly at this stage, hes been uber impressive since the betting issue early in career.
    Gordon on ABC said this :

"said the vice-captain was "a good young man".

"Sadly it's a reflection of not dealing with the pressure of what a whole lot of us are under at the moment but you can't see that as an excuse," Mr Gordon said.

"This is behaviour we don't want to see."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I have it on good authority a former player lives on the street where Lachie crashed.
    Is that your comment Axe Man, or from McClure?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Is that your comment Axe Man, or from McClure?
    Mine. I know somebody who lives nearby and regularly sees this former player. I suspect McClure knows it too and is likely the person well known to Lachie.

17. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Mine. I know somebody who lives nearby and regularly sees this former player. I suspect McClure knows it too and is likely the person well known to Lachie.
    Ex bulldog?