Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  19
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will be the Next Vice Captain ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    I'm staggered Jacko isn't already VC, unless, a la Gryphone, he instinctively shuns anything likely to distract his focus on his footy.
    Some players are good players and bad leaders, some with less talent are better leaders. Occasionally you get someone who can do both. Macrae as far as I can tell has never got a sniff of the leadership group, which seems to indicate that his teammates don’t view him as a leader. He has always had a reputation for being quiet although from all reports he certainly doesn’t lack for confidence. Hunter for all his faults (and while I’m a fan, there is no way he could have continued as VC) has always been demonstrative on the field with communicating and directing teammates, something Macrae hasn’t obviously done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Some players are good players and bad leaders, some with less talent are better leaders. Occasionally you get someone who can do both. Macrae as far as I can tell has never got a sniff of the leadership group, which seems to indicate that his teammates don’t view him as a leader. He has always had a reputation for being quiet although from all reports he certainly doesn’t lack for confidence. Hunter for all his faults (and while I’m a fan, there is no way he could have continued as VC) has always been demonstrative on the field with communicating and directing teammates, something Macrae hasn’t obviously done.
    Yes we are going to miss him a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Yes we are going to miss him a lot.
    For 4 weeks. When he returns there is no reason he can't continue to lead on and off the field despite not having an official leadership role. Natural leaders will lead regardless of title, whilst giving someone who isn't a leader a title won't magically make them one.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still in the Wallis camp for VC. The players look up to him and he's best 22 for mine as a forward. Speaks well, excellent trainer.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers