Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will be the Next Vice Captain ?

I'm staggered Jacko isn't already VC, unless, a la Gryphone, he instinctively shuns anything likely to distract his focus on his footy.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Probably Macrae. Probably not vocal enough but is extremely passionate and is a very, very good player and works very hard so leads by example. Dunks seems too youngish. Wally and Crozier good candidates.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Mitch Wallis, though I'm a fan of him as a lock in the 22
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

I would make it a joint Vice Captaincy. Mitch for me irrespective of whether he is a lock.Bleeds the red, white & blue. Joined by Dunks who will remain the VC when Wally retires. Along side of the Bont those two would make a great leadership team into the future.

5. Likes azabob, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Crozier or Dunkley for mine, tight with the Bont and damn fine players.

I'd love to see Bailey Smith emerge as a leader in the next few years.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Don't pick one? They are all flawed somewhat.

Wood is only just in our best 22.
    Wallis is only just in our best 22, is arguably at best our 5th best forward and barely a midfielder. Great guy though.
    Dunkley is a decent candidate in the future but has put together one (admittedly very good) half of a season and the rest of his career has been promising to good but not consistently either. Also as good friends with Bont and seemingly sharing all the same attributes is it basically just picking Bont twice? Which does sound nice but maybe we want a slightly different type as vc.
    JJ is not exactly the guy you want leading you when you have your backs to the wall considering he is our most easily bullied player.

Macrae and Crozier are the two I like the most, but neither is in the leadership group so I'm not a big fan of just letting them leap frog the rest.

How about we just leave Bont as the captain with a leadership group underneath him, and just rotate the captaincy through them in the terrifying instance Bont is unavailable.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how Dunks is classed as having one half of a season. Huge year last year. And second half of 2018 was oustanding once he started getting played midfield.

9. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Not sure how Dunks is classed as having one half of a season. Huge year last year. And second half of 2018 was oustanding once he started getting played midfield.
    Yep.

Age doesn't worry me either - he's a born leader and is clearly already viewed as such within the club.

My only concern is that you perhaps would like a different personality to the Captain.

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't Dunkley moved into the midfield about round 6 last season after trying to have him more as a forward?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Yep.

Age doesn't worry me either - he's a born leader and is clearly already viewed as such within the club.

My only concern is that you perhaps would like a different personality to the Captain.
    That's a positive for mine - uniformity in message and approach from all leaders. 'Same page' type of direction.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Look i kind of agree but considering after his strong finish to 2018 the coaches decided to play him as a forward where we was much quieter and ineffectual for the first third at least of 2019 I would argue he has only established himself as that gun midfielder in half of last season.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of a joint vice-captaincy. Wallis for character and maturity, Dunkley as the apprentice. Crozier was the other possibility for mine, but if he's not in the leadership group it's not a good look for him to jump over the others.

Macrae too quiet, maybe too self-focused? JJ too flaky. Wood still around as the mentor figure, doesn't need to be VC.

15. Likes bornadog, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love Wallace, my smoky would be Bruce.

Should we throw a jumper back on Moz
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    I would love Wallace, my smoky would be Bruce.

Should we throw a jumper back on Moz
    I think Terry is probably past it these days.

Unless you plan on reanimating William, he has some leadership qualities.

18. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Wasn't Dunkley moved into the midfield about round 6 last season after trying to have him more as a forward?
    Probably splitting hairs a bit - but he had a very strong second half of 2018. Then inexplicably kept out of the midfield for most of the first 6 rounds. In rounds 7 & 8 he had 35+ possessions and never looked back.

I'd say he did everything he could do with the previously 1.5 years of footy.