Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  68
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Footy isn't far away

Is the AFL going to implement the 'fake crowd' like NRL?

I watched a bit of the game last night and whilst not being a fan of NRL, I actually thought the 'fake noise' was decent and added a bit of atmosphere to the viewing experience. I expected it to completely suck and feel cheap, but it was executed pretty well.

AFL might be a little more challenging though...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Is the AFL going to implement the 'fake crowd' like NRL?

I watched a bit of the game last night and whilst not being a fan of NRL, I actually thought the 'fake noise' was decent and added a bit of atmosphere to the viewing experience. I expected it to completely suck and feel cheap, but it was executed pretty well.

AFL might be a little more challenging though...
    I think so, I didn't watch the NRL but I suspect fake crowds won't overly appeal to me but willing to give it a chance
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Actually thought the fake crowd noise was decent
    What else can we do ?
    Quite like the Game , certainly more than rugby union

Post Thanks / Like

While we wait, 2016 prelim is on 7mate

Post Thanks / Like

Got a good feeling about this one. Only watched this last week but watching again despite the numerous ads. Nice in HD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Better than the sex dolls

Those are the worst sex dolls ever.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone else cringe in fear on that backwards Dunkley kick in the last passage of play? Every time I watch it I still am scared of it backfiring

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Does anyone else cringe in fear on that backwards Dunkley kick in the last passage of play? Every time I watch it I still am scared of it backfiring
    At the game, the woman next to me couldn't believe that kick she almost fainted then and there. She said what the hell are they doing, I said there is only a minute to go (my mate kept texting me every one minute for the last 3 minutes) and they are killing some time. However, I have never been so stressed at a game as I was then. I could see GWS snatching victory again like all the other prelims.
    Last edited by bornadog; 31-05-2020 at 03:08 PM. Reason: not Dunkley
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I was actually mistaken. Always thought it was Dunks but it was in fact Smith....not that that makes it any better

Post Thanks / Like

I think we’re all just conditioned to expecting the worst in prelims. Being 5 points up didn’t help. But to kick so far backwards and over the head of an opposition player was so risky. I just don’t understand why I still freak out about it!

Post Thanks / Like

And what about that last passage if play in GWS 50 m arc where Woody tackles (is it Thug Greene?) and we somehow repel them? I was negative Nellie watching from that end at rear of cheer squad thinking we will give away a free kick and they will kick a goal and beat us by a point.

Glorious to watch us win that one again and again. I though Maclean was very good in that game - I hope he holds down a regular spot in the 22 and can sparkle like that again. Dicko bit of an unsung hero too. Libba and Dahlhaus tough as. And Clay could have kicked 6 or 8 that day. Gee he could tackle hard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    And what about that last passage if play in GWS 50 m arc where Woody tackles (is it Thug Greene?) and we somehow repel them? I was negative Nellie watching from that end at rear of cheer squad thinking we will give away a free kick and they will kick a goal and beat us by a point.

Glorious to watch us win that one again and again. I though Maclean was very good in that game - I hope he holds down a regular spot in the 22 and can sparkle like that again. Dicko bit of an unsung hero too. Libba and Dahlhaus tough as. And Clay could have kicked 6 or 8 that day. Gee he could tackle hard.
    And one of our players (JJ I think) ran through Tom Scully's protected zone with less than 2 minutes to play.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    And one of our players (JJ I think) ran through Tom Scully's protected zone with less than 2 minutes to play.
    I wonder if the umpire had called play on anyway
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post

That Fletcher Roberts clearing kick was key and an excellent one at that. He actually played a fantastic game. Lots of great 1%ers

15. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I wonder if the umpire had called play on anyway
    Didn't think to look. He well may have because Scully or any of the other GWS players don't react at the time and you'd think at least one of them would have pointed it out to the umpire.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite