Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  68
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Footy isn't far away

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Could the AFL rebrand this season and play a Victorian completion and not have it for premiership points so this Grand Final is null and void. More a local mini comp.
    Players get to play and TV get to televise something.
    Errrrk, vomit.

I would much rather a void season than something as meaningless as this. Would be crap to cop 12 month injuries this year for the sake of the AFEL and FOX / 7. I mean would you really watch this?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Playing to packed out crowds up in the NT is the best suggestion I have heard so far. Have all 18 teams in the top end enoying the sunshine and mixing freely with society as a result of the lack of lockdowns up there. It is as normal an environment for the players as is possible, the weather is glorious and it is the fairest possible compromise for all 18 teams. Everything else seems too contrived or logistically unfair for some teams and players. It also has the full backing of the Chief Minister of the NT.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

3. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Four AFL teams likely headed to Queensland to restart season

The AFL will announce its return-to-play plan tomorrow.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As difficult as this season will be I see it as a great opportunity for any club willing to put it all on the line to win this
    A season of myth-busting potential
    For example, when playing interstate there is a belief that parochial crowds sway the umpires. This year that will be myth will be busted

I believe the club that best sees a vision for this season will be hard to beat. The coaches may not have as many sports scientists holding them back and the players have had a golden opportunity to practice things like their goal kicking or work on any flaws in their game.
    Most clubs will have minimal injuries to their playing list, players that have been slightly on the outer can now push their claims forward by arriving back at the club in the best condition they can and the coaches should easily be able to sell the vision of what can be achieved this year if they all crack in.

Bevo has to be leading our players with the most positive of mind sets. The season is there for the taking
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

AFL announcement at 12:45pm today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    AFL announcement at 12:45pm today.
    Good. Can't wait for footy to start.. I'm getting sick of Foxtel showing all the matches where we've had opposition players kick bags of goals on us.
    They have shown Sumich smashing us, Gary Lyon, Kernahan (twice), and Dunstall. Not to mention the gut wrenching loss against Geelong in the 94 Qualifying Final.

I haven't seen them show any of Templeton's or Beasley's hauls. Guess maybe they don't have footage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Good. Can't wait for footy to start.. I'm getting sick of Foxtel showing all the matches where we've had opposition players kick bags of goals on us.
    They have shown Sumich smashing us, Gary Lyon, Kernahan (twice), and Dunstall. Not to mention the gut wrenching loss against Geelong in the 94 Qualifying Final.

I haven't seen them show any of Templeton's or Beasley's hauls. Guess maybe they don't have footage.
    If they get around to Majak Daw I'm cancelling my subscription.

Surely they have footage of Barry Hall kicking a few for us.

Post Thanks / Like

If they get around to Majak Daw I'm cancelling my subscription.
    We still have Marty McGrath, Luke Vogels, Nigel Fiegert and Eddie Sainsbury in the vault ready to be unleashed
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

11. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post

Something I found astonishing that I learned during the quarantine is that there's next to no game footage of Dunstall kicking 17.5. Surely they were recording every game by then.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hearing we will be playing North on a Sunday

14. Thanks josie, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm hearing we will be playing North on a Sunday
    That's going to be must win, can't afford to lose to middling sides in a truncated season.

16. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

* Monday 18th full training

* 25th of May - full contact

* Games start June 11th

* All players to be fully tested

* Full fixture yet to release, but will be soon.

* WA and SA teams to relocate to Gold Coast at this stage. Players can host family.

* Fixture to be flexible.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

18. Thanks Eastdog, jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's going to be must win, can't afford to lose to middling sides in a truncated season.
    If correct, how do we handle Goldy?

Have to play Trengove in my opinion to cover both Brown and Goldy

Post Thanks / Like

It is good to have some footy back even if the season has been compromised. Look forward to starting some game day threads again. Carn the Dogs!!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

The whole thing is a mess.

Hubs, flexible fixtures...

Just give every kid and fringe player a game, tank for pick 1 and get this debacle over with.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.