Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Apart from the 2016 prelim this is my favorite close game ever. Me and my two mates were sitting in the Huggins stand and when Williams kicks that goal we are jumping and high fiving and yelling when one of my mates says "inside voices" and then we notice that pretty much every st kilda supporter (and we were sitting in the members' stand so we were pretty much the only Footscray supporters not just in he stand but at that end of the ground) had turned to glare at us.

We got the *!*!*!*! outta Dodge ASAP followed by a hail of abuse and things being thrown at us. It was a great day at the footy all round!

I was at the other end to you. You must've had a good view of the Williams goal. My bro, The Banker was at same end as you but being a front runner had lost interest in the game because we were getting towelled and had a few beers talking to his mates! It took the Williams goal to get his attention.
I had gone with my mate, Saints supporter who had just recovered from an ACL playing volleball. Before the game we went for a counter lunch, were on the centre median strip of Nepean Hwy, I asked him how he did the ACL and he showed me and did his ACL again in the middle of Nepean Hwy! I didn't realise at the time, so after grimaces and a lunch we went off to the game. I reckon the loss was more painful for him than the ACL.
How good was Williams as a kick? How good was Choco, as usual?